Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2007, 09:08 PM

Paul Merton in China

Not sure if anyone else has been watching this programme, it started last week and so far has been really good.
tonight Paul met with a man who had opened over 40 pet grooming shops across China as it is now allowed for Chinese people to own dogs, he then visited a street of food sellers that all seemed to sell dog meat on the menu, they had the choice of white dog or borwn dog at one stall!!!!!!. Thankfully Paul (even though the food was ordered for him by his Chinese guides) was unable to eat the meal i don't think i would have been able to watch if he had eaten it.
i know different cultures have a totally different outlook on the animals we share our lives with. the two young chinese guides he was with had no concept of the phrase "pet dog". I'm so pleased i was born here in the UK.
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2007, 09:50 PM
yeah i just caught the end of it tonight and it had to be the one with the dogs on the menu, im glad Paul didnt eat it. Some countries are cruel but i watched a documentary a few years ago with Heather Mills/Mccartney about the fur trade and it was the worst thing i have ever seen the pictures haunts me till today was in china too, there was one i dont want to upset people but it was a big german shepard being skinned alive and i'll never get the noise it was making out my head, dreadful.