Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2005, 07:04 PM

Detox Diets

Been thinking a lot about health a bit lately, as some of you know.
Anyway - what does everyone think of detox diets? Do they do what they are purported to do? Are they a good boost to health, do they get you over a bad patch?
Know of any good ones/got any experience of them?
Can you have alcohol on them (hopeful icon)?
Cheers me dears.
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2005, 07:52 PM
Hello

I've done a few in my time but I reckon Azz is the person to ask for the latest and greatest.

Alcohol is definitely a no no though - sorry babe

Big hugs, know why you're worried about it.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

20-08-2005, 08:08 PM
lol alcohol on a detox??! no way!

Here's the one I did a few years ago...

ALLOWED

Cauliflower
Carrots
Peas
Cabbage
Broccoli
Sliced Beans
Broad Beans
Sweet corn
Onions
Cucumber
Lettuce
Salad
Celery
Bean Sprouts
Butter Beans
Chick Peas
Lentils
Pears
Apples

Rye
Corn
Oats
Barley
Brown Rice
Natural Nuts (almonds etc)

Chicken
Turkey
Beef
Lamb
Eggs (Organic only)
Fish
Natural WATER!

MODERATE

Wheat
Lemon
Prawns
Aubergine
Bananas
Potatoes
Tomatoes

AVOID

Milk
Sugar
Cheese
Yeast
Tea
Coffee
Chocolate
MSG (Monosodium Glutamate)
Mixed Moulds
Mushrooms
Dust mites
Pre-packaged Meals
Alcohol
Oranges
Sprouts

Some Notes…

This is the same Detox that I did myself a few years ago. I get lots and lots of people asking about it so I thought I should type it out!

If you’re reading this then you are obviously more than just interested, which is great. When I decided to try it, I was told to stick to it to best I could as ‘breaking’ it would mean having to start from day one again, meaning all that hard work would be wasted

Remember that the Detox isn’t just about what you eat, it’s also about what we ‘intake’ in our day to day lives, such as toothpastes and shampoos for example! We really do have to watch everything that goes into our bodies, whether that’s through the mouth, nose or via skin absorption. Basically we are trying to ‘undo’ the ‘badness’ that has built up into our system (toxins).

Items in the avoid list should be avoided at all costs!! Check the ingredients list of all purchases – make sure none of the items to be avoided are there. At all!

Items in the moderate list can be eaten/used up to twice a week.

Items in the allowed list can be eaten anytime and as much as wanted!

A good quality multi vitamin is sometimes recommended (older people may want to consider calcium supplements). Deodorants that contain alcohol or aluminium must not be used (daily baths/showers work just as good – especially as the toxins reduce over time). Most non-natural deodorants contain unwanted chemicals so as a safeguard, don’t use them. Do not use perfumes or aftershaves – if you must, get some natural aromatherapy oils instead. Do not use fluoride toothpaste – instead get fluoride-free (Boots and Sainsbury’s do their own).

An important part of any Detox is Water intake. Aim to drink 2 litres of Natural bottled (not tap) water a day. In the first week drink half a litre a day, in the 2nd week drink 1 litre a day and from the third week on 2 litres a day (if you feel any pain in your tummy area, reduce the water intake, and if you are worried about the pain see your doctor). Obviously you will be peeing a lot more as you are drinking more!

How long should a Detox last? It’s a general suggestion to try the detox for at least a month. If you feel it’s of no benefit to you then simply go back to your own diet (re-introduce foods one at a time, one food item per week). I kept on the detox myself until I reached the point that I was feeling as good as I was going to feel (everyday I felt better than yesterday! And when that stagnated, it felt like I was detoxified ).

I hope this helps you as much as it helped me and I wish you lots of luck!!

Always make sure you get medical advice from your doctor before starting any new diet, the above is by no means any professional or recommended ‘advice’, it is just what I did myself and has been reproduced purely at the request of others.
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-08-2005, 08:14 PM
Interesting thread

I wouldn't have too much trouble but i don't think i could do without the tea, milk & cheese though
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2005, 08:16 PM
Dust mites???????

Well, everybody must eat and not eat what they like but ...................... - I'm quite pleased dust mites are banned!
BorderCollieLvr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2005, 08:19 PM
hmm i shud give that a try there seems alot of food on that list.
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2005, 10:46 PM
No alcohol

I will stick to my toxic diet and admire you and all your efforts from afar
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-08-2005, 10:53 PM
Bang goes my dust mite sandwich then
Ruthlynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2005, 08:59 AM
I could cope with everything but not giving up my tea!! And dust mites are impossible to avoid unless you live in a bubble! I vacuum every day and do the beds once a month 'cos me and my son are allergic to them but you just cant get ride of the little blighters!
Could I do a partially detox and still have my cuppa?!
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2005, 10:21 AM
I tried to the Carole Vorderman 28 Day Detox, I actually put on weight so stopped follwoing her detox.

I attempted the detox Azz did, managed quite well for about a month but needed my milk and cheese. Even doing it for those few weeks I did feel better nad full of energy aswell

Hey Azz your detox may work but not sure if the early hours you keep on Dogweb are doing you much good
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >