Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2010, 01:59 PM

Lily and friend keep cool!

I met a friend yesterday and her gorgeous HuskyXGSD and we took the dogs up to a lovely walk which is mainly woods so nice and cool. However, in the middle is a pond which Lily and Misty were very quick to jump into and cool down!

It was so funny as Misty being so tall, was able to walk through it but Lily had to use all her doggy paddling skills to get across! They both loved it and spent a good 20 minutes splashing around in there!

DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2010, 02:01 PM
aw great pictures, Dogs looked like they had a fab time..That area with the little pond reminds me of a walk we use
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2010, 02:12 PM
Lovely blue sky and the dogs seem to be having a ball
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2010, 02:12 PM
Aww, I love the photo of her running back to you - what a happy girl
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
aw great pictures, Dogs looked like they had a fab time..That area with the little pond reminds me of a walk we use
It's a lovely place up on the South Downs and perfect for hot days as you can just wander around in the woods. We did try and sit on a bench at one point but it was in direct sunlight and far too hot!

Originally Posted by Emma View Post
Lovely blue sky and the dogs seem to be having a ball
They loved it Emma! So lovely to have somewhere to take them in this heat as so many places are completely exposed. Plus the pond is a real bonus as they both got totally wet and had a lovely big drink from it too!

Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Aww, I love the photo of her running back to you - what a happy girl
Thank you! It is a lovely pic and shows off her GSD ears beautifully!
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2010, 05:42 PM
Lovely pics Claire. Looks like a nice walk, not a mud bog in sight!! And I noticed Lilys GSD ears, classsic!!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2010, 06:39 PM
Looks like they really enjoyed themselves....and the one running back to you is fabulous xxxxxxxx
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2010, 07:44 PM
Aww Bless Lovely pictures Thanks for sharing x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Oh that last piccy there is just fantastic, you gotta frame that one and zoom in on little Lil's there, absolutely adorable pic!

Now where is that then, I need a nice little pond like that for Zena??? Is it up at Patching, behind the village hall there???? Don't keep it all to yourself please, I promise Zena won't splash all that water out, she'll leave some for Lily and Dyl's, honest!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
Lovely pics Claire. Looks like a nice walk, not a mud bog in sight!! And I noticed Lilys GSD ears, classsic!!
Ah, actually it's somewhere Tilly would love! We should go there soon. The level has really dropped in the pond and it is so muddy around the edge now. Lily was caked in it but then she went swimming again and washed it off. I thought you'd like the one of Lily and her ears!

Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Looks like they really enjoyed themselves....and the one running back to you is fabulous xxxxxxxx
It was perfect Steph, cool in the woods and then a nice dip in the pond, doggy heaven!

Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Aww Bless Lovely pictures Thanks for sharing x
Thanks Lou, it was lovely to see them tearing about like a couple of loons and having a splash around!

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh that last piccy there is just fantastic, you gotta frame that one and zoom in on little Lil's there, absolutely adorable pic!

Now where is that then, I need a nice little pond like that for Zena??? Is it up at Patching, behind the village hall there???? Don't keep it all to yourself please, I promise Zena won't splash all that water out, she'll leave some for Lily and Dyl's, honest!
Great isn't it? I can't take credit for the photos, my friend took them but I will try and play around with that one. It's so sweet!!

I was going to pm you as I saw your comment earlier about finding water for Zena. It's up at Lancing clump. You go up past the Sussex Potter, right at the top of that road opposite. Only thing is that there is a fence around the pond, not sure why as everyones dogs use it. There is a gap under the fence that Lily went under and Misty jumped it. Zena would probably be able to get through the gap though. We'll have to go up there next time as it's lovely in the woods for the oldies too.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >