Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2012, 02:40 PM

Wil you take two minutes to help?

I don’t normally circulate this sort of thing but this is of huge personal importance to me and I hope that you all can help. This is not a plea for money, just a few moments of your time.

Some of you will know that I previously work in Vietnam for 18 months setting up a rescue centre for moon bears who are victims of the bear bile trade (kept in cages for life and milked for their bile for traditional Chinese medicine). I poured my heart and soul into this centre and its bears, and so far this amazing charity have managed to rescue over 100 bears in Vietnam.

Now they are facing being evicted from the land. Political corruption is rife and the Director of the national park in which the rescue centre was built has reneged on the agreement and is trying to evict the rescue centre and its bears. Over 70 local Vietnamese staff will also lose their jobs and the charity (Animals Asia Foundation) have poured over $2,000,000 into building this centre.

The decision will now go to the Vietnamese Prime Minister. The threat is very real. I have no idea what they will do with the bears if they are evicted. Their only chance is to persuade the Prime Minister that there is more public support in favour of the rescue centre.

PLEASE follow the link below. It’ll take just two minutes to 1. Sign the petition and 2. Copy the letter and email it to the Vietnamese Prime Minister

http://www.animalsasia.org/index.php?UID=7PL8339IUCX

Thank you to anyone who helps support this very worthy cause. Please circulate this further if you can.
jenstina
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-10-2012, 03:14 PM
I've signed the petition.
I've supported an elephant rescue in northern Thailand, the Elephant Nature Park, and the lady who started it was on the verge of losing her elephants and going to prison for speaking out about the plight of other ellies needing refuge and how the Thai government isn't as honest as it could be. A massive online petition and putting this out in the open appears to have helped, but it's still worrying. So I can completely understand how worried you must be, Moon's Mum, and hope there's a good outcome. XX
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2012, 03:19 PM
I don't tend to sign petitions MM, simply because I don't believe they really achieve anything, but I will sign and I do wish you luck xxx
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Signed for you x
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2012, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by jenstina View Post
I've signed the petition.
I've supported an elephant rescue in northern Thailand, the Elephant Nature Park, and the lady who started it was on the verge of losing her elephants and going to prison for speaking out about the plight of other ellies needing refuge and how the Thai government isn't as honest as it could be. A massive online petition and putting this out in the open appears to have helped, but it's still worrying. So I can completely understand how worried you must be, Moon's Mum, and hope there's a good outcome. XX
Goodness that sounds worrying Asia is such a tough place for animals and the corruption makes it so hard to improve the situation. Sounds like the elephants are a very worthy cause too.

Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
I don't tend to sign petitions MM, simply because I don't believe they really achieve anything, but I will sign and I do wish you luck xxx
Thanks J&C. Honestly, I almost never sign petitions either because of the same reasons, but I feel so helpless that we have to try! Vietnam rely on the tourist trade and do not like to look bad in the West, so a push of support for the centre may just tip the scales...I have to hope

Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Signed for you x
Thanks so much labradork x

Btw, it's really easy to email to Prime Minister too, if anyone wants too, you can just copy and paste the letter template and send it off. I really appreciate your support. It is unthinkable that this place could be closed down so the greedy director can build a hotel on the site
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-10-2012, 04:14 PM
Signed-hope the signatures flood in
Maureen
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2012, 04:50 PM
Thank you Maureen
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2012, 05:36 PM
Signed, sent email too, how very sad
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2012, 06:04 PM
Thanks so much Zoe. I still can't quite believe this could happen
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-10-2012, 06:10 PM
Signed, is it OK to cross post onto the public bit of our breed forum???
I went to the elephant orphanage in Sri Lanka a few years ago, masses of people there, it is a well known tourist attraction and Vietnam should be taking notice of how successful they are.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >