View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-03-2005, 03:21 PM
Being in Orkney, which is close to the Norse Sagas (we have Orkneyinga Saga), we went for Norse names.

Kali Kolsson (Rognvaldr Kali Kolsson Orkneyjar Jarl) was Earl of Orkney c1117 to 1157. We picked his name long before he was born.

Snorri the Priest (Snorri Thorgrimr Thorgrimsson Helgafellir Godi) was an Icelandic Chieftain from 963 to 1036. The name Snorri is "Naughty Boy", which seemed appropriate for a collie puppy.

Apologies to those who've seen this already!

Snorri
Louie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2005, 03:23 PM
I like peoples mames for mine, Tina, Emma, Holly, Alfie, Heidi and Denzel (my OH chose Denzels name ).
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2005, 03:23 PM
We took our SBT X Kip home from the Cat & Dog home when she was 10 weeks old. They named her this because she was a such a lazy little thing and all she did all day was sleep hence the name Kip. I changed it to smudge, but after a day of my cousin (12) shouting it I decided it sounded daft and we just changed it back to Kip which I am pleased about as I still haven't met another and it really suits her, plus its nice and short.

Cassy my SBT was an easier choice. Cassy was a name I always liked. The very first Stafford I ever met was when I was a young girl (5 years old) was a little black pied bitch called Cassarina or Cass for short. She was a great dog and I took to her instantley and ever since then I just associate that name with nice thoughts so when we picked Cassy up it just seemed appropriate....

So no real exciting stories there lol.

We will be getting a new dog sometime in the future (male) and the names we have narrowed it down to are Midge (my choice), Nave (my choice) Wallace (my choice - of course), Kai (Kyles choice) and Hamish (Kyles choice).
rocky
Dogsey Senior
Male 

01-03-2005, 03:25 PM
Snorri how wonderful, i wouln't want to have to type those long names on a pedigree.
mand p
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2005, 03:35 PM
Smookey(nee Smokey ) was a smokey colour
Cain.....pass.... just after some days of name throwing Cain came up and it suited him
Dizzy was called Molly when we rescued her, but as my daughter is Molly we changed it to Dizzy after a Character in Super Troopers
And Tetley (aka Fats) was named after Tetley Bitter as he belonged to my old bosses(barstwards ) who ran a pub
abbymum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-03-2005, 03:36 PM
Abby its supposed to mean no angel well we got that right
staffypuppyplease
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-03-2005, 03:41 PM
we have a saffy we were going to call her jinx but the lil one couldnt say it so as we already have skye (bird) and we carried on with the s names
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2005, 03:44 PM
Benji had been called Bert before I got him ,but that seemed a bit of a strange name to me so I changed it to Benji as he seemed to like that name and answered to it just about straight away
With Kira While I was waiting for her to come home I wrote a list of names I liked for her and once she was home I picked the one that seemed to suite her the best
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2005, 03:50 PM
Having no children we use names we would have used for them. So we have so far had Benny, Toby, Lucy, Katie, Rosie, Mollie, and Duncan.
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2005, 03:51 PM
teila just because I liked it ,millie because she was one of miller walkers pups , bruno had his name as he is arescue and george is the same another rescue so had his name
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »