Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2011, 08:40 AM

How different are your dogs?

i was thinking about this on a walk this morning...

how different are your dogs? mine are even the same breed, but i dont think you could get two more different characters.

daphni is a softy, she is a very cuddly dog, and has to be touching one part of you when she is sleeping shes currently sleeping next to me with her bum touching my feet she's the more obedient out of the two, and will generally do anything to please you. shes alot more delicate, and elegant than asbo, asbo reminds me a bit of the tasmainian devil on walks she dawdles along and likes to sniff at things. shes generally easy, not scared of anything (other than big dogs, but thats because shes been attacked) and is so laid back, she takes everything in her stride and is a joy to own

asbo is a maniac he doesnt have an off switch. he likes his cuddles, but he very rarely sits still long enough to have one! he is in no way elegant, he is a dog dustbin, and will eat anything! he is very mischeivious, gets into everything, and im constantly shouting him to see where hes gone and what hes got into. he loves his toys, usually the ones that make the most noise right while im trying to watch something interesting on tv he is in no way obedient, dont get me wrong he comes when you shout him, he walks ok on a lead, and he knows the words leave, wait, and the one he hears the most often NO on walks he is a terror, like i said, picture the tasmainian devil he doesnt stop, runs around and round, in circles, up and down, eats cow poo, barks at things he hasnt seen before (the other week he spent 10 minutes barking at an egg shell that had fallen out of a bird nest ) getting him to do anything you want him to (i.e. sit down) he wont, he has no desire to please me, sitting down is boring for him but i wouldnt change him for the world.

even though they are completely different little creatures, they both drive me mad at times (more so asbo ) but i love them both dearly, and love how different they are
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2011, 09:07 AM
Mine are very different in many ways.

One is a gundog, one is pastoral.
One is a speyed bitch, one is an entire male
One ha floppy ears, one has prick ears
One is food orientated, one is toy orientated
One lives to hunt, one lives to play
One is wide ranging the other likes to keep me in view
One loves water, the other can take it or leave it
One loves to roll in horrible things, the other does not
One is is akin to a Formula 1 racing car in speed, the other more like a Land Rover (Great endurance)

Both are very social and bombproof with people and dogs.
Both are untrustworthy around cats.

I love both of them
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2011, 09:07 AM
HA HA HA

I dont think I have time to write up differences! lol let's just say I have 5 completely different dogs, with completely different issues and completely different personalities... 2 may look similar, but that's where it ends!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2011, 09:10 AM
Err....just a tad different!!!

Although there are a lot more similarities between Siren and Tassle than I ever thought would be possible.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-05-2011, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
how different are your dogs? mine are even the same breed, but i dont think you could get two more different characters.
Well I think I can beat that Ours are the same breed, the same age, and the same sex, but I've always been amazed how different they are

Rianna is the cudley one, she loves attention and she always wants to know where we are, she eats well and on walks she'll dive off into the forrest but never for too long, she's easy to groom, and mostly will follow commands (Well the simple ones like sit, come, etc.) Provided one of us (Me, OH, or Bara) is around she is not worried about anything, she'll sleep through fireworks and thunder storms.

Bara hardly ever wants a cuddle and rarely gives you a lick, she is highly intelligent and regards the rest of us as peasants, she is aloof and acts like royalty most of the time, she rarely ever plays with Rianna. She is afraid of nothing that she can see no matter how big and noisy it is, (John Deere tractors are a particular enemy ) but anything she can't see turns her to jelly e.g. Thunder or fireworks. On walks she would often chase a deer in the forrest and wouldn't come back for up to an hour, she is older now and doesn't do this anymore thank God She is very picky with her food and often has to be coaxed into starting, once started she usually eats most but leaves the granules
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2011, 09:49 AM
Chalk n Cheese springs to mind, but probably only because they both have been trained differently, I used to allow Inka and Kain to hunt but discovered through loosing Kain to a RTA chasing squirels isn't all its cracked up to be, I used to watch people in the park before I got the boys and wished to myself that I had a dog that looked that happy whiring around on the chase.
Lets just say I am a LOT more careful about chasing and hunting now, a hard lesson to learn...
Inka likes to be in the bushes around the trees but keeps me in view, hes a bit woosy about being on his own too long lol, Toro was trained alone so she didn't pick up the bad habits of chasing things and is never away from my heel, which is great till I trip over her lol Inkas scent orientated, Toros ball orientated, when Inka decides he'd like a shot with the ball, he prefers a jump catch game. Toro likes a good fast run to get it, Toro will eat anything, Inka is fussy and not a greedy dog so treats don't really work with him.
both have 2 hrs excersise a day, Inka settles well after that but Toro has 10 minute energisers and is then back up to causing havoc getting into everything she shouldn't be...

chalk n cheese !! xx
MichaelM
Dogsey Senior
Male 

31-05-2011, 09:59 AM
They look different.

They behave differently.

Bear is a "leap before you look" type character, full of energy, will play with anyone.

Ella is more gentle and aloof with strangers.

Locky is a more inependant and loves nothing more than being cuddled/petted by anyone and everyone he meets.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2011, 10:21 AM
Im guessing you were meaning within a breed?

Poppy is very different to any Rough that I have owned before. She can be very shy, doesnt like loud noises, and doesnt tolerate any messing about. She doesnt really play (with us or the other dogs)

Sheena and Bracken were very very different. They were very happy go lucky, loved everyone, played non stop with us kids, not at all shy or un nerved by anything.

Big difference is, Sheena and Brack lived in a home with three kids from young ages (14 weeks, and 7 weeks) Poppy OTOH was a kennel dog from birth
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2011, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
Im guessing you were meaning within a breed?

Poppy is very different to any Rough that I have owned before. She can be very shy, doesnt like loud noises, and doesnt tolerate any messing about. She doesnt really play (with us or the other dogs)

Sheena and Bracken were very very different. They were very happy go lucky, loved everyone, played non stop with us kids, not at all shy or un nerved by anything.

Big difference is, Sheena and Brack lived in a home with three kids from young ages (14 weeks, and 7 weeks) Poppy OTOH was a kennel dog from birth
not necessarily a breed, just how different your dogs are personality wise
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2011, 11:27 AM
My two are the same breed, the boy is 3 months younger than the girl, but he has been with us four months longer.

They look similar, but she is smaller and stockier, he is more leggy and skinny.

They get on amazingly well together, but they are different, she is quite attached whether in or out and is less confident in knew situations, although when she wants to do something she has far more persistance than him.

He will learn more quickly, but be more fickle about it, he is more aloof and arrogant when out and more single minded, although he does step back to let her get the first ball thrown etc.

At home he is less wary of things like the hoover.

They both like their cuddles and will sometimes try to nuzzle in when the other is being cuddled and sometimes they both want their own space and are happy to leave cuddles to the other one.

They are both cute and gorgeous, so i guess that is similar, they both make us laugh although usually for slightly different reasons, Rolo is a bit naughtier, Ruby is a bit cheekier!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >