Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-05-2011, 04:20 PM
Good news Sheree.

I hope they now heed this warning this time I hope the Daughters will give that letter to the Parents. Will the Officer dealing with the complaint check to make sure the adults do get the order ?
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Good news Sheree.

I hope they now heed this warning this time I hope the Daughters will give that letter to the Parents. Will the Officer dealing with the complaint check to make sure the adults do get the order ?
I'm not sure to be honest, the daughters are both in their mid teens, but have the same attitude as their mum so it may well just have been crumpled up and put in the bin

The good news is that the owners of the OES have also put in a complaint about the westie, so it is no longer my word against theirs.

There are enough of us about that know it should be on a lead and I feel pretty certain that any of us would report it immediately if it is off lead. I wouldn't have thought that ignorance wouldn't stand as a defence if the daughters hadn't passed on the letter.

The only thing is, if Clive is with me and we encounter it again, (offlead I hasten to add), he has already told me it will be dealt with swiftly and will never cause any other dog pain again
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Good news, hopefully this will mean that these owners will take care of their own dogs and those of others and your post will prove that action can and will be taken if you insist.
Yes

Unfortunately it seems a lot of people get fobbed off before reaching the people that can deal with the owners of the dogs. I'm not one to give up on anything if it means my dog is protected...I hope others can take strength from this outcome and feel confident enough to follow it through
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-05-2011, 05:21 PM
Well if it doesn't get passed which I am sure it will and something happens hopefully not to you or anyone else but if it did they are going to be in deep deep trouble and like you say they won't get away with it it is all logged I am sure.

I would think they have hopefully been shocked enough by Chrissie turning up with the letter and telling them what it contains to give it to their mum.

We can all take heart from your insistence and if anyone else experiences something similar we know if you push hard enough they have to take it seriously.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 05:43 PM
I'm so glad that the police force where you live take dog attacks seriously.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Well if it doesn't get passed which I am sure it will and something happens hopefully not to you or anyone else but if it did they are going to be in deep deep trouble and like you say they won't get away with it it is all logged I am sure.

I would think they have hopefully been shocked enough by Chrissie turning up with the letter and telling them what it contains to give it to their mum.

We can all take heart from your insistence and if anyone else experiences something similar we know if you push hard enough they have to take it seriously.
Thanks Lynn

Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
I'm so glad that the police force where you live take dog attacks seriously.
I know what you're saying, it isn't as easy for people living in other areas to either track down who is responsible for dealing with the attacks, let alone get them to take some action. I suppose I'm just trying to encourage people to pursue it if their dog has been attacked as it can work
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2011, 09:35 AM
Fingers crossed that it is the last time that the police have to deal with it, I have to ask though, OT but maybe still enough on T, but if the owners end up getting fed up and rehoming the dog to someone else, do all the things the police have done still stand for the new owner or not?
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2011, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Fingers crossed that it is the last time that the police have to deal with it, I have to ask though, OT but maybe still enough on T, but if the owners end up getting fed up and rehoming the dog to someone else, do all the things the police have done still stand for the new owner or not?
I would have thought that the order is actually placed on the dog, so would carry forward to wherever he goes. He is quite old apparently, so I would imagine, if anything, they would have him pts.
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6