Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 03:00 PM

A question for those who have puppies.

Do you ever remember what your life was like before them?

Just been looking over some pictures of last summer before we got Louie in July.

It wasn't as exciting in either good/bad ways. We had to look out for other dogs because of Benjie's nervy aggression. But that was all.

Now, we have to look out for birds, dogs, rabbits, anything liable to be chased by a Louie. We never had so many lead burns, never before had our arms ached so much, we didn't panic when we saw a bunch of seagulls happily on the beachfront, we have so much more poo to clean up now, every tree, post and grass bit has to be wee'd on and I have to battle to get the front seat in the car. But before, I was woken up by a sleepy puppy who lays on me and kisses me till I'm awake, I didn't have a dog who made me giggle so much when playing with toys, Sadie was slowing down, but is now acting like a puppy again.

Yes I do remember what having just 2 dogs was like - but 2 dogs and a puppy - thats way better
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 03:06 PM
I can honestly say life is no different really Ludi is such a good boy and a pleasure to be around.

Ahh no I tell a lie, I used to remember a time when I could lie in until 7am but now I am woken up at 6am with out fail. When I come downstairs Ludi is soooo pleased to see me whilst Ozzy looks in disgust at having to get up so early too

I love the enthusiam that puppies have about everything, each leaf that blows in the garden is a new toy to be pounced on and investigated. All people are to be greeted with tiny needle teeth and sharp claws, even if they don't want to be

Oh and the best thing is watching an 8 year old fatty acting like a puppy again himself as they chase and play together
MTBG
New Member!
Female 

06-04-2011, 11:17 AM
I can quite honestly say life wasn't massively different aside from the hours I now spend fishing foreign objects out of his mouth - the boy will eat anything! I suppose the other thing is that I've never owned a 'licky' dog before so is a bit wierd to have one now.

Like Pilgrim - I love the constant energy, the adoration and appreciation of everything he sees.

Our little family feels so complete now, I don't reollect how we managed before.