View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2007, 10:22 PM
I think a larger locked crate is in order!
Becky
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2007, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I think a larger locked crate is in order!
Becky
lol...!! put a nappy on Wilson.....lol
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2007, 10:28 PM
Well as I have 3 boys they'd all need em! Maybe chastity belts for the girls!
Becky
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2007, 10:31 PM
why not ask someone to make on for you,, if you lived near me i would get OH to make you one as he did mine. sorry hun not much help i know.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2007, 10:41 PM
Have you tried spraying the gate with a repellant spray of something they dont like ? Just a thought, as it might put them off wantng to go near it. I know not much would deter them when a bitch is in heat, but may just make them think twice a little ! lol

or how about fitting a temporary stable door type thing above the gate !!

Sorry, brain is just working overtime at the mo...lol
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2007, 10:51 PM
Two gates would do it
One as normal, the other turned upside down, [ so the bar at the bottom ended up at the top ].
It might be a pain having to undo two gates every time to go though the doorway, but at least it would only be for a few weeks at a time
You could maybe get some heavy canvas fabric and velcro too, to `line` the gates with so no gaps for norty flirty girls to back up to, or see-through rubble sack plastic sheeting, [ as its heavy duty ], if they get upset at not being able to see through ?
Either of those would be safer than using wire mesh as there would be no wire bits to get paws or claws caught in - or anything else if a boy was seriously determined
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

26-12-2007, 10:59 PM
Aw perhaps she thought she would give him a Xmas pressy! Oops! Dogs will be dogs. Just as well you didn't get burnt by hot fat as I did when I was a wee girl with a chip pan that I knocked over onto my arm! Don't go giving yourself a row, these things happen. Hugs to you and that naughty lass!! Bet Wilson had a smile on his face!

Hope the jag was given.

Take care.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2007, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
In posting about what happened you are being absolutely responsible, its a good nudge to all with entire dogs to remember just how quickly something can happen, and you are doing the right thing by mentioning that she will have the anti-mate jabs to stop an unwanted litter before things can get to that stage.
Patch is spot on there, as it seems Ruby is in season (again)

anti-mate jabs?????

What are they? sounds like something i should know about (just in case)
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2007, 12:16 AM
Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post
Patch is spot on there, as it seems Ruby is in season (again)

anti-mate jabs?????

What are they? sounds like something i should know about (just in case)
Anti-mate jabs are the canine equivalent of the after-morning pill - usually given as two injections, the first is 72 hours after an unplanned mating, the second another 2 days later.

While it has a hugely high percentage success rate, [ around 97% off the top of my head ], like any hormone related injection it can still sometimes fail so should not be assumed to have worked as its not the full 100% success rate - that small percentage must always be kept in mind.

Same as with humans, it should be considered as a resort should all other precautions have failed, and must not be used as a reason to be less careful than humanly possible over preventing an unplanned mating of course

HTH :smt001
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2007, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Anti-mate jabs are the canine equivalent of the after-morning pill - usually given as two injections, the first is 72 hours after an unplanned mating, the second another 2 days later.

While it has a hugely high percentage success rate, [ around 97% off the top of my head ], like any hormone related injection it can still sometimes fail so should not be assumed to have worked as its not the full 100% success rate - that small percentage must always be kept in mind.

Same as with humans, it should be considered as a resort should all other precautions have failed, and must not be used as a reason to be less careful than humanly possible over preventing an unplanned mating of course

HTH :smt001
Thank you Patch, all information is good information, i need to do some reading up i think, we have never owned a bitch before (mainly for this reason) so have no idea what to expect!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >