Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2007, 01:46 PM
Blimey!
No wonder he's been walking funny bless him.
Healing vibes coming his way!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-03-2007, 02:32 PM
Poor little chap thank goodness they found the object before any damage has been done.

Hope the leg improves soon
lotsforus
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-03-2007, 02:46 PM
They have just phoned It was garden wire he must of chewed it off the rabbit run I have used it to keep wire on top of the run.
It had got to the begining of his large intestine and his tummy is very sore as you can imagine.
I feel such a bad mummy the poor little thing must of been in so much pain for all that time.

They want to keep him in tonight as his small intestine has a few holes in it from the wire and they want to make sure its not leaking and hope he will be able to come home tomorrow.

I shall be chnging his food from Burns to Arden Grange as recommened by the vet.
Then that should sort him out.

Thank you all for your help and advice thses last few days.
I am sure there will be plenty more questions.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-03-2007, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by lotsforus View Post
They have just phoned It was garden wire he must of chewed it off the rabbit run I have used it to keep wire on top of the run.
It had got to the begining of his large intestine and his tummy is very sore as you can imagine.
I feel such a bad mummy the poor little thing must of been in so much pain for all that time.

They want to keep him in tonight as his small intestine has a few holes in it from the wire and they want to make sure its not leaking and hope he will be able to come home tomorrow.

I shall be chnging his food from Burns to Arden Grange as recommened by the vet.
Then that should sort him out.

Thank you all for your help and advice thses last few days.
I am sure there will be plenty more questions.
Don't feel bad lotsofus eating things they shouldn't is a natural hazard where puppies are concerned ,lets all be glad Loki needed the x ray and the wire became obvious at this early stage .

Its just a thought, perhaps the tummy thing is connected to the leg problem in some way, 'referred pain 'can do odd things to both human and doggy bodies at times.
Nicky1979
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-03-2007, 03:30 PM
So sorry to hear that Loki has been poorly!!!
Sending him lots of gentle kisses & healing licks from me & Louie xxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2007, 03:40 PM
That's incredible really isn't it!! You wouldn't have thought a puppy would have even wanted to swallow something as alien as that! The mind really boggles with this one!!!

I'm pleased it's all over now, you can stop worrying quite so much, and I'm glad they're keeping an eye on him overnight too, as you'd probably have worried yourself silly having him home so early after an op like that, seeing him a bit lethargic and still blaming yourself! He'll be fine now I'm sure.

Look forward to seeing some pics of Loki when you have him home tomorrow perhaps, if he's up to a photoshoot that is! He'll be back to his old self in no time, little monkey eating that!!!

Is the only reason you had the x-ray for the leg problem?? Just interested that's all! I wondered if the vets even suspected anything as horrendous as this!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2007, 03:53 PM
wow,didn't expect that!!
glad the found the cause of his problem and i hope you have him home soon
lotsforus
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-03-2007, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
That's incredible really isn't it!! You wouldn't have thought a puppy would have even wanted to swallow something as alien as that! The mind really boggles with this one!!!

I'm pleased it's all over now, you can stop worrying quite so much, and I'm glad they're keeping an eye on him overnight too, as you'd probably have worried yourself silly having him home so early after an op like that, seeing him a bit lethargic and still blaming yourself! He'll be fine now I'm sure.

Look forward to seeing some pics of Loki when you have him home tomorrow perhaps, if he's up to a photoshoot that is! He'll be back to his old self in no time, little monkey eating that!!!

Is the only reason you had the x-ray for the leg problem?? Just interested that's all! I wondered if the vets even suspected anything as horrendous as this!!
Yes they were only xraying him for the leg as far as I know.
The vet was surprised as i was. He did say that it might be that he just has growing pains and he was just feeling so bad because of his tummy and it should all sort its self out.

Such a weight off our mind as there is no lasting damage.

We are all missing him tonight.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2007, 07:01 PM
Awww...bless his little heart. It's amazing what they get up to! Certainly give us a fright. Hope he's home with you and on the mend soon. xx
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2007, 09:31 PM
Poor fella! Glad he is sorted though. Re: growing pains, yes in bigger breeds when the growth plates shift it can cause a lot of pain, sometimes they are given anti-inflammatories.
dawn.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >