View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Heidi1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-03-2007, 10:08 AM
Hope Loki is ok. Maybe it has affected a nerve in his leg.
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2007, 10:17 AM
Poor Loki - and poor you, it is such a worry when they are unwell. Anyway, hope all resolves. Get well soon Loki!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2007, 03:07 PM
Perhaps the two symptoms are not connected? Maybe Loki has twisted the leg awkwardly or something?

Hope poor Loki feels better soon, good luck with the x-ray
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2007, 11:52 PM
The jelly in the poo's sounds like colitis (I can write a 3 page epic on that ) which the AB's will clear. The leg on the other hand doesn't sound right.

As Mini has said, he just may well of layed on it wrong, but a trip tp your vet wouldn't hurt
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2007, 11:55 PM
I hope he is feeling better soon!!
lotsforus
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-03-2007, 10:24 AM
I am going to take him on Monday as he is bad again on it.All day yesterday he was fine a slight limp back to being a loon. I was starting to think he wouldn't need a xray.
I was on the phone to a friend at tea time he was laying in the kitchen my husband came home and Loki didn't get up then my husband called him over and he started to scream as he tried to get up and was dragging the leg again. when he places it on the floor his toes hit the floor. I heated a snugglesafe and put it in his crate with him last night I carried him to go to the toilet.
This morning he is weak on the leg again and lays with it flopped out doesn't want to retract it.

But is eating and drinking fine and toilet ok.
I think when he was unwell he must have injured his leg then but I just can't think how.
I hate having to wait until tomorrow to get him xrayed.

I have worried more over this dog than I do when the children are ill
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-03-2007, 10:38 AM
Hi lotsofus poor little chap the 'heatsafe' will be comforting and help if he is in pain, dogs in pain can feel cold.

I would try to get him to rest all you can until you can get to the vet and continue doing as you are and carrying him to the loo ,also putting water/feeding him within reach so he doesn't need to walk .

I do hope he will be better soon..xxx
lotsforus
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-03-2007, 03:26 PM
I have been bust reading all afternoon and think this might be whats wrong with Loki.
Has anyone dog damaged theres and what were the symptoms.
The vet checked all his back leg joints on friday he said they felt fine. I have read that you can't allways feel ligament damage as the muscles hold the joint in place and it needs to be done when the dog is sedated.
Will this show up on a xray?

Thank you for all your help not sure what I would have done if this place wasn't here for support.
Kath
Sadly Missed
Female 

04-03-2007, 03:54 PM
Lotsforus, When I read what you had written about the way Loki was holding his leg I must admit I did think of cruciate problems, and also wondered about a slipping patella,

Cruciates can go at any time, and unfortunately it is a long recovery time in which the dog has to be kept more or less confined. It can take several days for the damage to show, My old Springer did his when he fell trying to jump into the car but I didn't realise it for two or three days when he suddenly started limping and I could hear the joint cracking.With a pup's "softer" bones you may not hear the cracking, but do ask your Vet if you think it could be the problem , I hope it isn't and that Loki will be back up and running very shortly, Kath
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-03-2007, 04:00 PM
Lotsofus I can think of a number of things that could be the cause of Lokis problem, however there is nothing we can do to help at this stage except to keep him warm and rested ,so I will not speculate, better to wait and see what the vet says on Monday.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >