Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2006, 07:04 PM

Frank sidebottom

Not sure how many will have heard of frank sidebottom with the paper mache head, a comedian who sings silly songs!!we went to see him last night at a venue near us.In front of us were two old ladies who thought they had come for a game of serious bingo.frank does his own silly version of a bingo game where he calls out for eg legs 11 number 38!!we were all hjaving such a laugh at these ladies expressions as they were livid that it wasnt bingo and hotpot!! In the interval one actually asked me if i could hear the numbers all right!!lol
The expressions on their faces, when frank was singing were priceless. i cant stop laughing today thinking about how serious they were!!
mutthouse
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-05-2006, 07:07 PM
OMG i do remember i think i was a bit too old though cos i don't remember him as funny just annoying i was old even then!!!!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-05-2006, 07:11 PM
Yes-i remember Frank Sidebottom with the big eyes!
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2006, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by mutthouse
OMG i do remember i think i was a bit too old though cos i don't remember him as funny just annoying i was old even then!!!!
omg he is hilarious!!maybe it's northern humour though, being a true northern gal i can really relate to him!!
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-05-2006, 07:38 PM
Wow! That brings back long forgotten memories. I remember Frank Sidebottom from the early 80s. Was he on some kind of kids programme? I can't remember which one now but I remember him being part of another show. Also I think on the same show was a serial about a jigsaw piece that lost its picture? Or have the years taken their toll on my memory?
abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2006, 07:58 PM
Of course I remember Frank Sidebottom. Heres a photo of him. Otherwise known as my dad

candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2006, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by abbie
Of course I remember Frank Sidebottom. Heres a photo of him. Otherwise known as my dad

awww lol!!poor dad!!is he as funny as frank?
Shady
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-05-2006, 08:09 PM
i remeber him from saterday morning tv but was wondering the other day what had happend to him i thought maybe he got stuck in the rain or some thing lol
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2006, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by Shady
i remeber him from saterday morning tv but was wondering the other day what had happend to him i thought maybe he got stuck in the rain or some thing lol
lol oh noo hes just as good as ever, think he's making a bit of a comeback now and touring!!well worth a watch!!
Shady
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-05-2006, 07:35 PM
oh right maybe ill look out for him thanks