Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2012, 06:36 AM

Good morning to you! - Thursday!

Morning all,

OK, I’ve finally given up and put the heating on timer. It was so nice to actually not mind getting out of bed this morning...... fab! Of course, it’s off again now.......

There’s so much sickness at work...... once “sicky” came back yesterday but another one was not well at all. I’ll be surprised if he comes in today . Poor blokes........ falling like flies.

Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe

Today's gem:
All generalizations are false, including this one.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2012, 06:40 AM
Morning Vicki and all,
Vicki my heating is on and has been on 24/7 all winter. I can't bear feeling cold. Don't know how you can go without it.
Oh well better get myself off to work, only one more very early shift and 2 slightly later ones till my week off. Can't wait.
Have a good day all.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2012, 06:55 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning Vicki and all,
Vicki my heating is on and has been on 24/7 all winter. I can't bear feeling cold. Don't know how you can go without it.
Oh well better get myself off to work, only one more very early shift and 2 slightly later ones till my week off. Can't wait.
Have a good day all.
Morning Bev
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2012, 06:58 AM
Morning all

Not quite the same, but we have storage heaters and they have been churning it out all winter. Don't do cold!!!

That breeze block wall at the lake? They started putting it back up yesterday . This is the third time and each time they use new breeze blocks. Dread to think how much this little part of the project has cost, let alone the whole thing.

Strangely enough, despite it being so cold yesterday with that awful easterly wind (on the east coast that means cold) we had a Mcdonalds sat outside in the sunshine just behind their little brick storage shed and it wasn't bad at all. In fact, we quite enjoyed it.

Don't know what's on the cards today, but might pop to Tescos to get some milk just in case the forecast snow does hit over the weekend. Apparently, we will have enough to build a snowman on Sunday and it's due to start tomorrow. I hope that forecast is just as wrong as the others have been all week

Whatever you're up to, enjoy!!!!!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2012, 07:01 AM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Morning all

Not quite the same, but we have storage heaters and they have been churning it out all winter. Don't do cold!!!

That breeze block wall at the lake? They started putting it back up yesterday . This is the third time and each time they use new breeze blocks. Dread to think how much this little part of the project has cost, let alone the whole thing.

Strangely enough, despite it being so cold yesterday with that awful easterly wind (on the east coast that means cold) we had a Mcdonalds sat outside in the sunshine just behind their little brick storage shed and it wasn't bad at all. In fact, we quite enjoyed it.

Don't know what's on the cards today, but might pop to Tescos to get some milk just in case the forecast snow does hit over the weekend. Apparently, we will have enough to build a snowman on Sunday and it's due to start tomorrow. I hope that forecast is just as wrong as the others have been all week

Whatever you're up to, enjoy!!!!!
Morning Chris
ozbound
Dogsey Junior
Male 

02-02-2012, 07:08 AM
Morning Vicky Morning all.
Sickness is rife here too but we do have over 300 people so it's bound to be.
Scientists have now proven that man flu is the Equivalent to child birth lol
Ok I'm gonna run and hide now lol
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2012, 07:41 AM
Morning Cuz xxx

Hope everyone is back to work soon, there's alot of people going down with dreaded flu bugs/virus's lately

Have a great day hun xxx

Morning All, have a good one xxxxxxxxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2012, 07:47 AM
Morning Vicki, Bev, Chris, ozbound and all

Ooooer, is there a new man bug around then Vicki - at least you'll be safe then. I'm with you on that heating Bev, I'm keeping mine on constant in this freezing weather coz I think it's false economy to keep heating up a really cold house, whereas my boiler hardly ever fires up once the place is warm, but then some of my theories are very wrong

Overslept, couldn't believe it was light when I woke up at just gone 7, came downstairs, all in a daze, could hardly open me eyes, but I'm awake now. Off for a walk soon, then got lots of jobs to do, made myself a loooooong list, which will probably get left on the kitchen table as I whiz out the door to start them all, but that's me!

Enjoy yours whatever you're up to
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-02-2012, 07:54 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all.

Our heating is on constant too I don't do cold etiher. Plus many years ago when we had a heating system put in the early 90's we had a littel gadget that told you how much you were spending and it cost more every time the boiler fired up than when it was left to run on a constant low.

15 minute walk in a bit with Dillon and then some housework. Tesco delivery turned up yesterday thank goodness. Will give Asda a miss I think in the future.

Have a good day all.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-02-2012, 08:08 AM

Morning Vicki, morning all - my ISP has apparently been hacked so my internet is sporadically on and off again until they can find out what is going on. At the moment I can get Dogsey but cannot get my online newspapers or my emails, so what is going on is a mystery and if I vanish it is all due to the hackers.

Just making the most of it while I have it!

Cold, innit. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >