Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2009, 11:56 AM

Glow in the dark ball

Hi.

Does anyone know where I can get a good glow in the dark ball for Jess from please?

I bought a high vis jacket the other day (pound shop rocks), and am going to get a flashing collar today hopefully, so just need a huge torch for me and a glow in the dark ball for her, and then we are set for night time off lead park walks.

Thanks for reading.
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2009, 12:00 PM
I have seen them in PAH but have also seen them advertised on the internet, sorry cant be more helpful

Jeanette
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2009, 12:14 PM
Hey,

Not sure how good this one is but i suppose its worth a shot

http://www.theglowcompany.co.uk/acat...T-UP-BALL.html
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2009, 09:54 PM
our local country shop has sold them in previous years...if you haven't tracked one down yet, let me know and I'll see if they have some..if so I'll get one and send it to you.
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2009, 10:08 PM
Thank you for your comments so far

Originally Posted by Rookgeordiegirl View Post
I have seen them in PAH but have also seen them advertised on the internet, sorry cant be more helpful

Jeanette
PAH don't have them near ours, but I have seen a few online, but I want to "vet" them beforehand if that makes sense.

Originally Posted by valandra View Post
Hey,

Not sure how good this one is but i suppose its worth a shot

http://www.theglowcompany.co.uk/acat...T-UP-BALL.html
That does look really good

Originally Posted by Hali View Post
our local country shop has sold them in previous years...if you haven't tracked one down yet, let me know and I'll see if they have some..if so I'll get one and send it to you.
Thank you, that is very kind of you Do you think they would be suitable for a GSD's jaws? (She doesn't gnaw on them or anything, just want to make sure they are strong, safe balls)
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2009, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post

Thank you, that is very kind of you Do you think they would be suitable for a GSD's jaws? (She doesn't gnaw on them or anything, just want to make sure they are strong, safe balls)
Well the ones I've had from them previously have been a little on the large size for my bcs - they can hold them, but for mine, tennis ball is a good size and these are bigger than that.

They are not solid as in like rubber ball s(they initially come with a squeek though that doesn't last long) but they are pretty robust and I'm fairly sure would be safe for supervised play - can't see them being swallowed by accident though they could be chewed to bits.

The last ones I bought (on line) were different - they were smaller and too squishy - they used to end up with the inside getting stuck together so those ones could definitely be a safety issue as they would be much easier to accidently swallow.
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Well the ones I've had from them previously have been a little on the large size for my bcs - they can hold them, but for mine, tennis ball is a good size and these are bigger than that.

They are not solid as in like rubber ball s(they initially come with a squeek though that doesn't last long) but they are pretty robust and I'm fairly sure would be safe for supervised play - can't see them being swallowed by accident though they could be chewed to bits.

The last ones I bought (on line) were different - they were smaller and too squishy - they used to end up with the inside getting stuck together so those ones could definitely be a safety issue as they would be much easier to accidently swallow.
They sound perfect. Jess doesn't chew, so they would be safe, but she sort of squeezes them as she brings them back.

Do you remember how much they are please?
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2009, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
They sound perfect. Jess doesn't chew, so they would be safe, but she sort of squeezes them as she brings them back.

Do you remember how much they are please?
I'm pretty positive they were under a £5.

I think the shop might be open on Sundays - if I get a chance i'll pop in and have a look tomorrow - what's the betting that they haven't bothered to stock them this year!
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2009, 10:25 PM
I'm pretty positive they were under a £5.

I think the shop might be open on Sundays - if I get a chance i'll pop in and have a look tomorrow - what's the betting that they haven't bothered to stock them this year!
You are a diamond Thank you

Lol, it would be sods law.

If they do have one and it is under £5, and you think it is suitable (I trust your judgment), can you get me one and I will paypal you the postage and ball cost

Thanks sweety
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Hi Hun,
well sod's law prevails. Popped into the shop this morning - they don't have any At least they knew what I was talking about and said they were so popular that they might get more in before Christmas, but they couldn't find them on their order system so couldn't confirm

I've done a google search and found the same ones...they are pretty cheap too, but this website is out of stock

http://www.mybigpetshop.co.uk/mybigp...-GOOD-BOY.html

I'm still searching so see whether I can find anywhere else that has them. At that price, it wouldn't matter too much if they end up not being suitable for her (you can always give it to a smaller dog for Christmas )
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >