Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Summerbanks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-04-2011, 08:59 AM

First Trip to the Vets

Summer went to the vets for her first check up, registration and first vaccination 3 days after she arrived with us. I drove to to the vets, and she managed this 10 minute journey with copious amounts of drool but no 'either end' mess
I carried her into the vets and they asked us to take a seat. We sat on the curved seating in the corner giving us the best view of the waiting room. Summer had no lead/collar on and I sat her on my lap. She took everything in around her, the cats in the baskets, the rescue greyhound that came in after us (a big tail wag for that one) the other humans cooing over her and through all this she calmly remained sat on my lap, not a single fidget or whine and we waiting for almost 3/4 hour!

When it was our turn to go in, i carried her in and put her on the table, lots of sniffing now! and of course a big sloppy kiss for the little lady vet. She stood still to be examined and sniffed the scales when she was sat in them 7.6kg was the result
The nice lady vet said she was going to be a big girl, asked about feeding regime and then gave Summer a distracting treat while she gave her the vaccination which Summer didnt even notice.

Afterwards we went to the reception desk where I had to sit Summer on the floor for a few minutes. She sat, and stayed and just mildly wagged her tail at the others sat around in the waiting room. One of the people waiting commented on how good she was and I said she is but i think one day though she will realise she is actually a Boxer