View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
GirondeDeb
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-08-2011, 01:24 PM
You and Rocky are a lesson to us all in being in the now, appreciating what we've got, and staying positive without being in denial. Thank you both.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Glad that Rocky is continuing to do ok, Azz. Thinking of you both.x
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the update Azz - You are doing everything right in my book and I'm sure Rocky will enjoy whatever time he has left, and I personally hope it's a good long time, (even 'tho we both know it might not work out that way )

One thing is for sure, whatever time he has he will enjoy with you and I'm sure all those walks will keep him happy.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

29-08-2011, 08:08 PM
Oh Azz I am so very sorry to have missed this thread but I haven't been on for such a long while.

I was so vexed when I read about Rocky in the start of this thread but now that I've read your update on him, I hope he will continue to make progress. You seem to be doing everything right and he is so lucky to have you as his "daddy". Our pets are so precious to us and it is so upsetting when they get ill.

Big healing cuddles going to Rocky - he really is a beauty.

Loki sends doggy healing licks to Rocky as well.

Again, Azz, so sorry for missing this thread.

xx
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2011, 02:38 PM
Don't really come on here anymore, but have heard about Rocky so just wanted to come on and give you both my best wishes and healing thoughts.

It's a brave, but right decision to put quality of life first, something I admire xxx

Becks
Azz
Administrator
Male 

13-10-2011, 04:02 PM
Thanks again everyone

Rocky wasn't too great a couple of weeks ago, he had swelling on his ankles and cold ears and paws but his chest and tummy was hot, and he'd lost even more weight. I was half-expecting the vet to say it's time to say goodbye when I made that appointment, so made him a whole chicken... but that perked him right up! And so put him back on cooked food (not sure if you remember but I put him on Orijen a few weeks prior)

The vet said he's still alert and interested and so we gave him steroids, ABs, tramadol (pain relief) and something to help with the excess fluid and that, along with putting him back on the home cooked diet helped greatly, but then this weekend again he was feeling all hot on his tumour area and chest, so is on ABs again - and again seems a lot better

I'm now trying him on half, cooked food and half wafcol salmon and potato - as I want to try and get some meat on his bones. I know I keep saying it but I don't think we have long left, and then he goes and surprises us by perking up - he's not ready to go just yet, bless him.

Thank you all for you messages, they really do mean a lot.

xx
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2011, 04:06 PM
azz.. i dont want to sound 'out of term' and please dont take offence,but,as im sure u know,with cancer, atrophy and weight loss is common...because cancer leaches the goodness,u are already doing your very best for him,but gaining weight may not be possible.....just wanted to mention it as i wouldnt want u to think you are doing wrong by him by not being able to keep weight on him
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2011, 04:35 PM
I have just heard about Rocky, I'm so so sorry Azz, keep doing what you're doing for him though certainly sounds like he wants to fight to stay with you. xx
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2011, 04:44 PM
I am so sorry Azz, haven't been on much recently, so only really caught up with this again, I am so sorry about darling Rocky, you are doing all you can and giving your lovely boy the best of everything... wishing you many more days together xxx
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2011, 04:51 PM
He is such a fighter isn't he bless him.
I can only imagine what you go through on a daily basis with him Azz and I hope the if I am ever faced with a similar situation I can do as well for mine as you are doing for darling Rocky.

Hugs xx
Page 42 of 45 « First < 32 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 >