x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2011, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by kobi View Post
Just got Jean M Auel
Land of Painted caves.

About the 5th in a series based in the stone ages

A bit simplistic in that what ever new skills the heroine comes across she becomes expert, never just adequate or good, always expert but an interesting read with a view to taking in some ancient history.
im reading the valley of the horses, which is the second one
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2011, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
ive got that, but havent read it yet
It's a bit of an epic by the looks of it, but I was hooked almost immediately - I'm sure you'll love it!
kobi
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-05-2011, 07:15 PM
Read all the previous Jean M Aull series and enjoyed them all.
This is the latest of the series.
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-05-2011, 08:38 PM
At the moment I am reading The Seventh Scroll by Wlbur Smith. Its not as good as some of his earlier books, but it's still a good read.
CuteRotts
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2011, 10:52 PM
Right now i have 2 on the go (depending on my mood).
Stephen King's Bag of Bones and Victor Hugo's Les Miserables.
AshMan
Dogsey Senior
Male 

22-05-2011, 05:42 AM
I'm reading Don't waste your life by John Piper
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2011, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by kobi View Post
Just got Jean M Auel
Land of Painted caves.

About the 5th in a series based in the stone ages

A bit simplistic in that what ever new skills the heroine comes across she becomes expert, never just adequate or good, always expert but an interesting read with a view to taking in some ancient history.
I have just finished it.

I have not enjoyed it as much as the earlier ones, but I guess she has finished the series now - I would have no rush to go and buy any more.
I enjoyed the first 4 - Shelters of Stone not so much. But I think it is a good mix, a nice bit of fiction mixed in with some interesting history.

Once I have fished my re-read of these books (now on Plains of Passage) I will restart the Belgariad - I am looking forward to that, must be at least 2 years since I read that series
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2011, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I have just finished it.

I have not enjoyed it as much as the earlier ones, but I guess she has finished the series now - I would have no rush to go and buy any more.
I enjoyed the first 4 - Shelters of Stone not so much. But I think it is a good mix, a nice bit of fiction mixed in with some interesting history.

Once I have fished my re-read of these books (now on Plains of Passage) I will restart the Belgariad - I am looking forward to that, must be at least 2 years since I read that series
im reading the valley of the horses. its taken me a while to get into, but it did with the first one too, i think its because she describes things in so much detail, that its a bit longwinded, i have to read a few chapters to get into it.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
im reading the valley of the horses. its taken me a while to get into, but it did with the first one too, i think its because she describes things in so much detail, that its a bit longwinded, i have to read a few chapters to get into it.
I did not enjoy the jumping about in the VoH - but I wanted to know what happened to Ayla after she left the Clan...so I got into it Ok

Make sure you have the mammoth Hunters ready for when you finish (unless you deal well with hangers!)
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I did not enjoy the jumping about in the VoH - but I wanted to know what happened to Ayla after she left the Clan...so I got into it Ok

Make sure you have the mammoth Hunters ready for when you finish (unless you deal well with hangers!)
already have it sat waiting
Page 13 of 17 « First < 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »