Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2013, 07:47 PM
You do what you want.
Just for interest I am not just some breeder but you stick with you behaviourist

How old are they now did you say they were, was one a puppy?

Off out to do something with my dogs rather than leave them to amuse each other.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2013, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
You do what you want.
Just for interest I am not just some breeder but you stick with you behaviourist

How old are they now did you say they were, was one a puppy?

Off out to do something with my dogs rather than leave them to amuse each other.
How dare you you judgemental woman! i have already told you that my dogs are left for 2 hours max! im sorry if that does not meet your exacting standards and they have plenty to do while i am not there and for the time i am there! If you are more that some breeder than tell me your qualifications? I asked you to...but you won't!

Very showing that you are the one reduced to insults....and once again refusing to back your opinions with any evidence that you know what you are doing apart from the fact that you breed puppies. You breed puppies to an already over dog over populated world....particularly a staffie over populated world. You well and truly fall in the category of know it all...well done. A judgemental, know it all, jumping to conclusions and thinking you know better because you breed dogs. Just carry on pumping out the pups and enjoy the money....and keep your unwanted judgemental advice to yourself. Come back when you know more about dog behaviour and can back up your argument with facts and evidence not just scare stories.
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-04-2013, 08:03 PM
There was this one time when a girl came to my home to photograph a foster I had at the moment. We're outside talking while she's taking the pictures and goes off to say how she photographed a husky and was worried that it was fed raw. Her concern was that feeding raw makes dogs want to eat people meat. She was serious.

Sorry, back to topic.
border pop
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-04-2013, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
How dare you you judgemental woman! i have already told you that my dogs are left for 2 hours max! im sorry if that does not meet your exacting standards and they have plenty to do while i am not there and for the time i am there! If you are more that some breeder than tell me your qualifications? I asked you to...but you won't!

Very showing that you are the one reduced to insults....and once again refusing to back your opinions with any evidence that you know what you are doing apart from the fact that you breed puppies. You breed puppies to an already over dog over populated world....particularly a staffie over populated world. You well and truly fall in the category of know it all...well done. A judgemental, know it all, jumping to conclusions and thinking you know better because you breed dogs. Just carry on pumping out the pups and enjoy the money....and keep your unwanted judgemental advice to yourself. Come back when you know more about dog behaviour and can back up your argument with facts and evidence not just scare stories.
You do not know Leadstaffs so who is being judgemental? She was only giving a warning of incidents that have happened between dogs.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2013, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Well reading this forum and all the threads started by people who say their walks have been ruined by running into aggressive dogs with ignorant foul mouthed owners - I think it's a very small inconvenience to meet someone who just wants to 'show off their knowledge' of your dog's breed!
I totally agree with you. I didn't find it an inconvenience at all and willingly stopped to chat.

It was just that he immediately started into his speech of how hard she was going to be and how I had my work but put for me. So far she is everything I could ask for.

When I really wanted to admire his dog and possibly ask him how he was getting on with him and it he did any agility or trials or scent work etc. Just wasn't given the opportunity infortunately. I was merely talked at and told to keep my dog away from his. It was such a shame and I was a little disappointed I have to admit.

But I am sure ill run in to him again and I am happy to be proved wrong xx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2013, 10:49 PM
Berger - when I first got Bella it seemed no one here in larnaca had ever seen a Min Pin. Some would actually insist she was a chihuahua! Others that she was a mini doberman. The vet who did her jabs before I bought her actually put miniature doberman in her health card and there's no such breed!

Nowadays if people say Chihuahua? I usually either say yes or - well I think she must be because everyone says she looks like one! Or I think she must have some chihuahua in her - people just love to be RIGHT don't they! And I don't actually give a fig what other people think about my dog or what her breed is or should be like.

And for all those who think she is ADORABLE and so well behaved etc. I am at pains to tell them that they don't COME LIKE THAT! That you do have to put a lot of work into training them when they are little - not to bite, not to bark, not to run away!

*oh and my favourite comment by another dog owner (a stranger) was when I was in the UK last year. We were walking and he and his Staffy came round the corner and he stopped dead - pointed at Bella and just said 'WHAT is THAT?' lol!

G'nite
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2013, 10:53 AM
Leaving dogs alone together surely is more about individuals involved than breeds ? We have always left all our dogs various breeds together they usually sleep while we are not here I believe from the warm patch on the sofa when we get back. But have chosen with our friendliest two to crate one and not leave them unattended together. Only so they are both safe one from too much play it exhausts her) and the other from accidentally being stepped on or sat on she is tiny). No worry about anyone of them killing the other in a fight.

We all make decisions daily about what is safe and what isn't and only we know how much we can trust our dogs.
Jonesy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-04-2013, 01:26 PM
We had a gsd x collie some years ago and i was fed up with people asking what she was ,so i started to tell people she was a bavarian shepherd !!! and of course one man told me he had one and they may be relateted. Went back to saying i had a gsd x .
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2013, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post

This is my last post on this subject.
Churning out puppies ? How many Staffordshire Bull Terrier puppies have I bred and when did I have my last litter?
I guess you don't know so calling me judgemental is really the pot calling the kettle black.

I can post my opinion on any thread on here wether you want it or not this is an open forum.

If you don't want to take that opinion or information you don't have to your choice. Your dogs.

And I will never even attempt to justify my self to you. What was that you said about insults I hope for your dogs and only for your dogs all goes well in the future between them.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4