View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-04-2013, 09:35 PM
She is back on the couch but as soon as I move she is up and pacing and crying again. I cannot give her any more medication but am going to have to as she has got to get some rest.

Not going to go to bed, best I stay up. This is not over. Think things are going to get bad again. My poor girl - I am weeping for her because she is in such a state. And I cannot help her.
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-04-2013, 09:47 PM
I wish there was some-one who could be with you Malka. I know it will not help Pereg but living on my own I know too well how fearful it is when our dogs are ill,you are scared for them and there is no-one to share it with. It is the loneliest feeling in the world. xx
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2013, 10:50 PM
Malka, I am so very sorry to be reading this dreadful monster has returned.
I cannot offer any help, so sorry, I so wish some one could be with you.
take care the best you can, my love, try to get some rest when you both can
xxx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

19-04-2013, 09:20 AM
I ended up giving Pereg more oral Valium and managed to get to bed about 3am. And of course she then wanted to go out for a pee just after I had zonked off and I thought no way can I get up now so she left me a pee and poo on the carpet in the salon.

But at the moment she is OK although I do not think it is over yet. She does not look as bad as she was yesterday but she is still not right. Her eyes do not look right somehow although I cannot explain. Someone with an epi dog will understand though, I think. She is OK but she is not right.

And all I kept thinking was that I must not forget to post on the Steam Mop Bonus Day today which is a bit crazy when thinking that Pereg had had two Grand Mal seizures.

I spoke with Dr Ram this morning and he said not to take her Sunday - she can wait a few days for her boosters etc and because she twice had double doses of Pb any blood tests will be compromised until she is back to her normal dosage for a while. So we are going to leave it until probably the end of this coming week. Unless she seizes again before then in which case I am not sure what will happen.

I so hate this horrid disease.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-04-2013, 09:46 AM
Hope she stays OK and gradually becomes her old self again. Thinking of you both x
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2013, 10:14 AM
How awful for you both. You are doing a wonderful job with Pereg, the very best and I just hope that things settle now.

xxx
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2013, 10:31 AM
Oh Malka, so sorry that the monster has returned, poor Pereg. I really feel for you but you have always done the very best for Pereg and you cannot do any more than that. Try rest when you can. Thinking of you.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-04-2013, 10:57 AM
Oh dear Malka hopefully Pereg will rest now so you can too.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

19-04-2013, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
How awful for you both. You are doing a wonderful job with Pereg, the very best and I just hope that things settle now.
xxx
I do not know how you [or Rose] cope with your and her Loki having a GM when I just have a 17kg Pereg to cope with. I am not sure whether people realise how violent a GM is. And how terrifying it is to watch and know you can do nothing but wait until they come out of it. And then knowing that you have hours of post-ictal diabolical behaviour to cope with.

All I kept thinking last night after the second one was at least Pereg crashed off the couch onto the floor so did not mess all over the new couch! I know, so stupid, I mean it would not have mattered,

If Pereg is going to go back to how she was two years ago, I honestly do not think I will be able to cope. And I am terrified now - I dare not even have a nap in case she seizes again.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2013, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I do not know how you [or Rose] cope with your and her Loki having a GM when I just have a 17kg Pereg to cope with. I am not sure whether people realise how violent a GM is. And how terrifying it is to watch and know you can do nothing but wait until they come out of it. And then knowing that you have hours of post-ictal diabolical behaviour to cope with.

All I kept thinking last night after the second one was at least Pereg crashed off the couch onto the floor so did not mess all over the new couch! I know, so stupid, I mean it would not have mattered,

If Pereg is going to go back to how she was two years ago, I honestly do not think I will be able to cope. And I am terrified now - I dare not even have a nap in case she seizes again.
Not stupid at all Malka. It is a horrible result of the fits. It's bad enough having your dog have fits but the soiling and post-ictal phases are very tough to deal with and very depressing. Loki used to urinate and there were frequent trips outside in the middle of the night to clean him up and get the floor cleaned up. I'm not ashamed to admit I'm so relieved that this no longer happens with the medication.

Big hugs Malka, I am thinking of both of you and saying a little prayer that things have improved and will continue to do so.
xxx
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >