View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-04-2013, 08:20 AM
I think we have gotten over this one. Maybe. Hopefully. A double dose of Pb and two lots of 10mg Valium - no idea how much food because when Pereg is post-ictal she just wants food food food - protein as in frozen well, protein,

She seems to be OK now but she and I kept going back to bed for a sleep while she had a break from the post-ictal behaviour and I think she is over it now but it has been nearly 4 hours since the seizure so about time.

It happened. Again. Not even a full two weeks since the last time, but The Monster came back.

Poor Pereg - she did not deserve this, did she?

Anyhow today's vet appointment cancelled, obviously, so will take her on Sunday if she does not have a seizure before then.

I love Pereg so much but I hate this epilepsy.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2013, 08:31 AM
It's a horrible, horrible condition. So difficult for both sufferer and carer
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2013, 08:36 AM
I hope Pereg is OK.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

18-04-2013, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
It's a horrible, horrible condition. So difficult for both sufferer and carer
I know Chris - and it must be hundred times more bad for your son as at least Pereg does not know what happens or why.

She is still bad post-ictal but I cannot give her any more Valium so just have to sit it out. Today of all days when she was due yearly boosters and 6 monthly blood tests. but when The Monster wants to come back cannot really do anything but sit it out.

And cuddle her if she will let me and say it will be OK soon.
Meg
Supervisor

18-04-2013, 09:22 AM
Malka is must be dreadful for you coping with the aftermath of Pereg's episodes hugs to both of you.. xhugsx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-04-2013, 09:24 AM
So sorry to hear this Malka, big hugs from this end and hope it was a one off and this time you get a really long seiz free period (like forever if possible)

xxxx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2013, 09:32 AM
Really sorry to hear this Malka. I truly hope she has no more and recovers quickly so that you are able to rest - I know how awful that post-ictal period is.
Hugs hugs.
xxx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

18-04-2013, 09:44 AM
Just had to give her another 10mg Valium. Dare not tell my Vet but I had to stop the posti-ictal behaviour. Sort of OK for a while and then started again.

Not even two weeks since the last one and she had gone one year and 177 days and then The Monster came back. Now it seems as if we are back to the beginning. Honestly do not think I can cope with this if it is.

Cannot keep feeding her Valium but must get her to rest.

Me also.
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2013, 11:02 AM
Oh Malka, I'm so very sorry to hear about Pereg. It must be such a worry to have a dog that has seizures.

Love & Hugs to you both, I do so hope she improves soon.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

18-04-2013, 12:08 PM
Managed to get some rest - both Pereg and I, and she seems to be OK. I spoke with Dr Ram and told him what I had given her, and he agreed that I was right - both with the double dose of Pb and also the Valium.

If she is OK for the next couple of days I will take her for her shots and blood tests on Sunday, and as long as her Pb levels are still within therapeutic levels, we will increase her dose if necessary - if she has more seizures. Ram does not want to add any other AED, especially not Kbr [potassium bromide] because she has never had major side effects from the Pb apart from the initial non-stop hunger when she first started on it, and the possible/probable side effects of Kbr are not what either he or I want for Pereg.

Why The Monster came back two weeks ago we do not know. Nor why it came back again this morning. As Ram says, I do and have always done the best I possibly can to keep Pereg seizure-free. But nothing will stop The Monster when it decides to come back, and the possible risk of giving her too much Valium is far less then the risk of her continuing to be post-ictal and possibly clustering and seizing again.

For the moment I will double her 11pm dose to 100mg as against 50mg. Because I am not sure whether she or I can cope with more major Grand Mal seizures.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »