Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2013, 06:26 PM

Coincidence or Paranormal?

A friend told me of a very recent incident which has set her, and me, thinking.

Her last dear dog who died a couple of years ago had a funny habit of sliding head first on her back down a very long steep bit of the garden. She did it frequently, and for the sheer fun of it.

The other day, my friend took her new dog that she has now had for a couple of years to a special walk that she had always taken her previous dog to........for a while she stood and thought of this dog, and shed a few tears, as you do.

They eventually returned home, and the new dog asked to go out into the garden where she threw herself onto her back and slid all the way down to the bottom.

Personally, I would love to think that the old dog had a quiet word in the ear of the new one.......and this was their way of cheering my friend up
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-04-2013, 06:36 PM
...coincidence most dogs 'rub and roll' to scent mark, clean their mouth and from the pure joy of rolling.

Bearded dogs are the worst for rubbing mouths, Chloe likes to do it against my sofa after every meal if I don't get to her first and head her off
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2013, 06:37 PM
Awww makes you think......

I would love to think there was some sort of contact with her dear passed doggy.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2013, 06:55 PM
I think it's what ever you believe it to be, I see bits of previous dogs in ours now, I always say aww look that's (insert name of past dog ) whereas my husband says they are just being themselves and all dogs do similar.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2013, 06:57 PM
Mini, I see what you mean......but this was not rolling or rubbing or anything like that; it was sledging on the back down a steep slope, for fun! Exactly the same way and same place that the old dog used to do it.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2013, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Awww makes you think......

I would love to think there was some sort of contact with her dear passed doggy.
Me too, but I suppose it's doubtful.

Originally Posted by Julie View Post
I think it's what ever you believe it to be, I see bits of previous dogs in ours now, I always say aww look that's (insert name of past dog ) whereas my husband says they are just being themselves and all dogs do similar.
Husbands always bring us back down to earth don't they
Pep_Sounds
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-04-2013, 07:06 PM
Awww. Whatever it is, it is very sweet, and so lovely to think of a connection between your previous love and your new one. Just proves that if our canine companions leave us for rainbow bridge, we can never and would never replace them, but rather just begin a new chapter with a new companion, with their memory still close in our hearts and minds.
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-04-2013, 07:24 PM
^^I couldn't have said it better myself.
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-04-2013, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
...coincidence most dogs 'rub and roll' to scent mark, clean their mouth and from the pure joy of rolling.

Bearded dogs are the worst for rubbing mouths, Chloe likes to do it against my sofa after every meal if I don't get to her first and head her off
hahaha mine is doing the same, bum up and off across the sofa cushions and everywhere

and there will still someone say, dogs are not cleanly?
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-04-2013, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
A friend told me of a very recent incident which has set her, and me, thinking.

Her last dear dog who died a couple of years ago had a funny habit of sliding head first on her back down a very long steep bit of the garden. She did it frequently, and for the sheer fun of it.

The other day, my friend took her new dog that she has now had for a couple of years to a special walk that she had always taken her previous dog to........for a while she stood and thought of this dog, and shed a few tears, as you do.

They eventually returned home, and the new dog asked to go out into the garden where she threw herself onto her back and slid all the way down to the bottom.

Personally, I would love to think that the old dog had a quiet word in the ear of the new one.......and this was their way of cheering my friend up
why do you ask?
just believe in what you want to believe, it's such an lovely thought

me too has those or similar thoughts, but I'm not going to tell them
as they are just mine and I wanna believe in
if they are silly or not, I just don't care
as long as they are giving me a smile in my face and warm up my heart, I don't need confirmation or any scientific proofes if they could be possible or not
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >