Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2006, 07:56 AM

Update on my Poopie and Problems

Since my post in "Behaviour" "She Hates Him" things are improving. Shady will now tolerate Nanuk while he is asleep and sniff him for which she gets lots of praise. She will also tolerate him walking around as long as he doesn't go directly at her as that just worries her too much still. She also gets protective if he plays with my JRT Milo as she thinks Nanuk is hurting him. So for now while puppy is in play mode we keep them seperate so as not to panic and overload her, just taking it slowly and giving Shady heaps of praise for all the positives and avoiding any negatives.
I am sure once Nanuk is old enough for walks and they get out and about together she will slowly feel more comfortable with him.

As for Nanuk himself he is a fantastic little lad. He has slept all the night through the last two nights and when I have gone to get him in the morning there is still not a murmer and his bed is dry and clean. I take him straight outside where he empties himself promptly.
He has not done a poo in the house at all but goes outside for that and has only done a few wee's (expected) the rest he has got outside for.
He won't sleep on blankets or carpet floor only on the cool tiled floors or a bare bit of his crate floor, probaly that thick wooley coat making him too warm LOL.
Anyway we are thrilled with and love him to bits. Just trying to sort out insurance for him now. I have my other two with M&S but the quote I got for him was very high so don't think I will use them.
I have used Direct line before and they were very good and am also looking at Tesco as I work for them and should be able to get a further discount. Any more suggestions?

Bev
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2006, 08:07 AM
Nanuk sounds lovely, and has settled well, they will adjust in time as you say.
Regarding the insurance I had the same from M & S, Harvey is insured with them, but when I asked for a quote for Archie it had doubled - so went elsewhere
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2006, 08:36 AM
i am so pleased it is coming together for you keep up the good work. I have my insurance through buddys and it is quite cheap i pay first £50.00 and they cover the rest. they are online so have a look and a get a quote. good luck

sorry spelt wrong Buddies pet insurance
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2006, 08:41 AM
Well done MM. Glad it is going well. Patience and perseverance is the key. Lets have some pics please!!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2006, 08:46 AM
I'm so glad things seem to be improving with Nanuk and Shady. He sounds perfect!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2006, 09:43 AM
So glad things are getting a little better. I am sure by the time Nanuk is six months they will be great mates My GSD Flame didn't like Moss as a wee pup at all! I thought I had made a huge mistake in bringing him home. However, he is now 17 months old and they are the best of friends (in fact it only took her about a week to accept him). Just don't try to rush things and force them into being friends, and I am sure it will all come right
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2006, 05:07 PM
Knowing Shady as I do, I did`nt think she would be too difficult to guide for her to improve :smt001

Gutted we have no training tonight as its a night off, [ and would have to have been called off anyway as its too wet - wonder if the rain will stop any time soon ], I was looking forward to seeing how much he must have grown already