Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 09:18 PM

Cant believe i've been so stupid!

Some of you know, i am planning on having Ruby spayed as soon as i sort out her microchip details, insurance etc.

Well the plan has always been, when Ruby is booked in, we will book our youngest kitty in to also be spayed.

Well, after delay and more delay with Ruby's previous owners and getting all her details we have neglected plan with said cat and looking at her now i have a horrible feeling we are too late

She is looking rather fat and i am in a bit of a flap. I'm not sure shes pregnant but shes got one belly on her!!

Cant believe we didnt THINK!!!!!!!!

I am really kicking myself as i'm sure a few of you will too
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Id take her to the Vet, and get it sorted out. There are so many moggy kittens being bred, lethal diseases are on the increase, and there are just no homes, such a shame.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

You've had so much to think about Jules, it's not surprising that kitty's plans got forgotten. Unfortunatly, I don't think you can tell if a cat is in season or not She can still have the spaying done providing she isn't too far on in the pregnancy. Just don't ask if she was pregnant or not
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

i'm afraid i'm guilty of that too hun.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Dont beat yourself up V V , With trying to sort everything out for Ruby , Ie insurrance ,and all her deatils , Its not a bit of wonder ,You must have been so stressed organising Ruby , Let although have time to think , Big hugs hun, Besides these things happen xxxdk
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 09:31 PM
Easily done, cats can be silent callers as well. Best pop down to the vets, they can tell you one way or the other and then you can discuss all the options.
Becky
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 09:33 PM
Oh hun what a horrible situation for you to be faced with

A feline pregnancy ranges from 60 - 67 days in duration, usually between 63 - 65 days, although if you are unsure when she could have possibly been caught, it would be very difficult to determine how far gone she would be.

The main signs you would be looking for to detect pregnancy is an increase in body weight, abdominal enlargement, enlargement of mammary glands and production of milk.

Effective diagnosis by a vet can usually only take place after day 20 (roughly) as implantation usually occurs at this stage. The vet could check for pregnancy in several ways. Ideal timing for abdominal palpation would be from day 21 - 35, but optimum timing being around 26 - 28 days, the accuracy of this is thought to be around 85%. Foetal heartbeat could also be checked, although this is only apparent in later pregnancy. Ultrasound can be used again from day 21, optimum timing being around day 28. Xrays can also be used although this is limited to late pregnancy as the skeletons do not usually occur until day 42 - 52.

Again as you are unsure of when she could have possibly been caught it would be difficult to determine, so a trip to the vet may be your best bet. If the pregnancy is caught early enough, it is possible for her to be speyed and the kittens aborted (I hate using that word).

My advice would be to get her in to a vet as soon as possible for an expert opinion.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 09:37 PM
Havent noticed a thing tbh shes the cat Ruby always has a go at, the one that is always around. Shes not been acting any differently.

She just suddenly has a bit of a belly and it feels very firm, she seems very cuddly at the moment too, dont know if that means anything, all my cats are fairly cuddly anyway

Yes, the vet is my first point of call, to find out for sure and if she is, find out how far.
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post
Havent noticed a thing tbh shes the cat Ruby always has a go at, the one that is always around. Shes not been acting any differently.

She just suddenly has a bit of a belly and it feels very firm, she seems very cuddly at the moment too, dont know if that means anything, all my cats are fairly cuddly anyway

Yes, the vet is my first point of call, to find out for sure and if she is, find out how far.
Do let us know how you get on, have everything crossed here x x
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 10:40 PM
With a large firm belly, prominent nipples and extra affection any idea what stage she might be at?
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »