Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-08-2016, 08:25 PM
'evening Lynn
So pleased that your new motor performed well and I hope Dillon likes it, frankly as long as it gets him to where he can run around and sniff things (i.e. a walk) I guess he will be a happy doggy

I don't usualy feel I can add anything constructive to help Mark but I must say it sounds like he has a plan now which could lead to him and Joel being together and once all the steps are fulfilled I hope that they will be together in a flat and with Joel attending school everyday just like millions of other kids.

I'm also surprised (like yourself) that the hospital allowed the baby to go to that hovel but as with so many things these days she only has to mutter 'human rights' or 'sexual discrimination' or some such thing and the people in the hospital just give in because the lawyers and the media are so powerful now it seems to me that what's right and not right are ignored whenever the threat of legal action is mentioned.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-08-2016, 08:34 PM
I am hoping that now Joel has seen how normal people live and how a house doesn't smell and look like the local tip, he will begin to realise there is another better life out there with his Dad.
Really hope the interview goes in Mark's favour and he gets the job, passes his driving test and its the start of a new life for them both
I cannot understand how this poor baby has been allowed 'home' (and I use the term loosely) to those conditions and worry that this is yet another failure by Social Services and we aren't going to read about it in the papers next year
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-08-2016, 08:38 PM
Evening Harvey beggars belief really but somehow what we expected. So blooming annoying what she has managed to get away with all these years.
Joel said she is now classed as disabled shocked us all and made Mark question that status. Why have a flipping 5th child then ? Hope they sterilised her this time.
Not for her sake as bad as that sounds but for any other poor babies she maybe thinking of bringing into this world in the future. She certainly gets no mother of the year award.
Michael also has an interview Monday so hopes he gets it as he is usually paid 7-10 days late by his firm. He will get a decent rise and work from home would be nice and settling for my mind if they both get sorted soon.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-08-2016, 08:40 PM
Exactly what I said June to Gorden and Mark after dropping Joel off. He has started to notice living here for about 7 weeks that his clothes do not smell anymore.
He says he will go out most of the time. We are all surprised that he has turned out as well as he has.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-08-2016, 08:51 PM
Some do turn out well despite all that happens in their childhood. Why on earth is she disabled now, more benefit money I suppose. 5 kids, OMG, I struggled to bring 2 up on my own, and I was working full time, never would have dreamed or expected benefits for my lifetime either.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-08-2016, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
and worry that this is yet another failure by Social Services and we aren't going to read about it in the papers next year
People in Social Services today are too frightened to 'take a stand' or say 'no' as I said above the legal sharks and media muppets are so powerful and control so many aspects of life today threatning massive law suits.

So a 'tick list' is created, passed around all the law practices and (unofficially) to the media and when 'approved' issued to the SS department workers who then just have to tick the boxes knowing that they are 'safe' because they've followed 'procedures' and no one can sue them or their employer.

As Lynn said there was a time when a doctor or nurse or even a social worker would just say NO and there would be alternatives (including adoption) but those days are long gone

By the way I meant to say well done on your 6 miles a day on walks with your lot, I assume that is 3 miles on each 'outing' I usually only do one walk a day which is sometimes 4 miles but mostly 3 and occassionaly (as today) they get two walks each about 2 miles. That's about right for Casey, and definately max for me 'tho Lara could probably do more.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-08-2016, 09:00 PM
As well as the health visitor before and after birth I had my mum and sister to guide me. Saying that though my mum had taught me basic hygiene before leaving home plus we learnt it in school too.
My mum was quick to point out and Gill being a good bit older than myself if I was going wrong in a nice way if I needed to up my game.
Plus I remember my dad saying to both Gorden and myself and my brothers and sister-in-laws if he thought our children were being abused or not looked after he would report us himself to SS.
The world is such a different place now and I fear not for the better.

Gosh June you must look like a willow the wisp. Short walk with Dillon today he has been worrying round his back paw over the last couple of days the one with the distal rotation. Earlier on the week he did his scuffing thing and then went lame on the paw while on a walk, I checked his paw and nothing in it and gave it a rub and he seemed fine. Gave him piriton the other day and yesterday thinking allergies seemed to help.
Today he was uneasy on it so we cut the walk short I wondered of it was pain as he had been worrying round the pad and across the top so gave him half a previcox at breakfast. It worked stopped him worrying round it.
Just after his tea he started again so half a previcox again and hey presto he stopped so must be pain.
Will have a chat over the phone with the vet in the week although I know she will say if it helps keep it up.
Everything else ok so I don't think he needs a cartrophen top up yet. Hope not at £130 for 4 injections in just two months.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-08-2016, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Joel said she is now classed as disabled shocked us all and made Mark question that status. Why have a flipping 5th child then ? Hope they sterilised her this time.
Didn't you say she had been involved in drugs at some time

So that is the 'new' way to cover up your past and to get more benefits, get yourself classified as 'disabled'

And now a 5th. child.

And they can't sterilise her unless she agrees, against her human rights
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-08-2016, 09:07 PM
I'm doing 3 walks at present Harvey. Zen is first, she goes to the little park at the bottom of the road, and I now let the lunge line trail and she can run about and play with the ball, bit of a tidy up, and isn't restricted at all. But we're not there long, next move was the river, but of course we're back on the Monsoon weather, no idea when it will be low enough to get on there now. Then its Cariad and Lona onto the football field, where we do several laps, play ball, do a bit of training, have a grooming session and then home. Last of all are Mabs and Kesh who go off down the canal towpath, onto the country park, ball games, playtime as we go along, grooming session, then back home along the bridle paths, onto the tow path, into the village and home. I'm out around 2 - 3 hours normally, if its very hot, or heavy rain comes down when out, its less!!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-08-2016, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
The world is such a different place now and I fear not for the better.
I have to agree Lynn, I sometimes try to think what life might be like in a 100 years. I don't think it looks good.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >