Our sister sites
Our sister sites
loufoxyloxy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-08-2010, 05:30 PM

Just rescued a bird

i have just rescued what i think is a young ring necked dove

i was on the field with ruby and ruby saw it and went over to it, it tried to run/fly away but wasnt able too so i grabbed ruby quickly and tied her to the fence and it looks as though it has injured its wing and/or leg so i phoned my mum and got her to come out and pick ruby up and i have wrapped it in a towel brought it home and put it in a box and covered the box up intending to take it up to the local bird hospital, however we phoned up the hospital to let them no we were coming and got the answer phone with the message "due to council red tape we are no longer able to take in birds anymore "

so now were stuck, we have phoned our vets emergency line who told us to phone the rspca, phoned them they told us to keep it till morning and feed it water and dry rice and then in the morning take it to a vets,

we have got one more number too try for a wildlife center/hospital and if we get no joy there then in the morning i will take it up to my vets

all this when i should be getting ready to go to a 60th birthday party ...... hopefully they will understand if im late

any spare healing vibes would be most welcome

eta just tried last number and got no answer so have left a message and it looks like were keeping it till morning any advice