Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2013, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Your poor neighbour jenny. It must of been something scarey I reckon if she looked so shaken up.
Isn't it sad when we get so frustrated and down with our parents that we need to back off to keep our sanity.
Well done to OH.

Start those Dogsey vibes up please Gorden has an interview in London Thursday morning. Training newly qualified teachers while they are teaching. He will be school based.
This is something he also has a lot of expertise in and he does two sessions a year with the Lewisham NQT's and has done for a few years it use to be in his job description, then when he was made redundant they employed him on a consultancy basis.
It would be so wonderful if he lands this job. We would move still and we may then have to have a small mortgage but if he has a job we can manage a small mortgage and I can stay nearer to Gill and my friends.
Yes it is hard keeping ones sanity but I guess so many people are in the same boat with parents. I am so sorry but I read about Gorden and them wanting him back in August and I completely forgot to mention it in my last post. Well done Gorden and although its not ideal him (or you) having to be away again it will hopefully cheer him up realising that he hasn't been left on the shelf Fantastic news that he got an interview - everything crossed now in preparation for Thursday.

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Forgot to say yesterday, Keshi got absolutely drenched, and all the beige/off white bits went bright orange, as in fake-tan-gone-wrong orange this morning she was dried out and gone back to beige/offwhite again Rang my breeder up to ask her and she said that G.G.Grandma Hanuka used to go apricot when she was wet, so from being born black with a mop of white hair on the back of her neck, white stockings, pink nose and pink paws, she has decided to turn orange I am really scared as to what colour scheme she will decide to adopt eventually
That poor lady near to you Jenny, do you think she has been robbed maybe. If they had to show her how to put the chain and padlock on I fear Trouble Ahead - as in she gets locked in the house and drive because she can't remember how to get the padlock and chain off Anyway I think you need to show a bit of sympathy here, as in going round with flowers or something to show what a nice person you are - then once you are in you can dig the dirt as it were - in the nicest possible way of course.
Well done to your OH, this early success can only spur him onto more weekends away one hopes
Those photos are lovely and the one of Keshi and her Mum is just so cute I wouldn't just go round to her house as she is a very private person. However, she always washes her car out the front on a Sunday so I'll walk past then and see if she is forthcoming with info. Yes, I'm hoping OH is spurred on to using the black car more. He has been getting quotes today for getting the engine bits made from the car he blew up - new crankshaft, valves, conrods etc etc - a blooming expensive hobby but I'm mentally totting it up so that I can suddenly announce that I'm going out to buy ??? something and he can hardly say no!!

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Good luck for Thursday Gorden!

No sickness Lynn - maybe because I didn't eat any? - but my eyes are sooo itchy, they are driving me mad!
Arghghghghgh!
You poor thing - I've never heard of kiwi fruit being 'toxic' to some people - quite an unusual one. I hope you are feeling better now. ((hugs))

June - I hope you enjoy your evening with Zena. Don't forget the camera tomorrow!! Wonderful news that the vans are both so full up now - well done.

See you all tomorrow and I hope you aa sleep well and any poorly people or dogs are feeling better.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-05-2013, 08:02 PM
Night jenny.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-05-2013, 08:15 PM
Mmmm Jenny, I think at the very least it is the price of another car
Er, Helena's the one with Zena, I've got the Fab 4
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-05-2013, 08:29 PM
I'm signing off now.
Nite all and hello and nite Sally if you pop in.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2013, 08:30 PM
Sorry if I miss anyone, but had to come on to congratulate Emmis - well done, especially in these hard times.

I do hope it works out for Gorden, Lynn - he really deserves a decent break after all his efforts in finding work

Sounds like the whole employee thing may soon be sorted, Helena - does that mean that Dave will then be able to go forward into looking into selling the business again? If so, I hope it works out for him

We did manage our second walk today and it was wonderful to get some much needed 'us' time. There was one incident on the lake which was quite disturbing. Mother goose and her brood were on the grass when a young dog zoomed out of nowhere. Luckily, mum managed to get them into the water just in time. The dog's owners just laughed and left the dog off lead to continue round the lake causing havoc with all the ducks and geese as it went. It really was quite disturbing to watch and it really was a good job that we were on the other side because even hubby was seething and the guy (dog owner) was quite a big fella. Me thinks I would either be hospital or prison visiting tonight had we been on the same side of the lake!!

Anyways, my book awaits. Goodnight all xx
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2013, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Mmmm Jenny, I think at the very least it is the price of another car
Er, Helena's the one with Zena, I've got the Fab 4
June - How many times have I called Helena 'June' ..... more than a few ............ sorry I promise I haven't got Alzheimers nor dementia so I guess I just your names muddled up Of course I know you have the lovely fab four ....... maybe its me spending too much time with my Mum. or its been all the talk of old people on here today.
Sleep well x
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2013, 09:59 PM
A very late good evening to everyone.........just got back from babysitting grandsproglet, and as OH is glued to the cricket that he records every day at the moment I decided to pop in here to catch up on the dogsey diary.

Huge congratulations Emmis.........that really is cause for celebration and well done you. It's not that easy to find employment after uni these days is it.

I expect that everyone has gone to bed by now, so won't waffle on
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2013, 10:02 PM
Hi again all,

Poor Brian is a state, sore back, gall bladder playing up, constipated, and full of the flu. He was upstairs in bed but has come down. I think he should go back to bed and stay there, I think he's going to do that.

I'm going to sleep on the couch, got my sleeping bag, a pillow, and TV to watch. Yay.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2013, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
The job i got interviewed for rung me back......

guess i better start looking for my first proper non-family non-student house!! I got it!!!
Congratulations
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2013, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Hi again all,

Poor Brian is a state, sore back, gall bladder playing up, constipated, and full of the flu. He was upstairs in bed but has come down. I think he should go back to bed and stay there, I think he's going to do that.

I'm going to sleep on the couch, got my sleeping bag, a pillow, and TV to watch. Yay.
Huge sympathy for Brian because he is clearly genuinely suffering. You both need to have lots of rest, so I hope that that couch is comfortable. Do look after yourself.

Hello Kazz!!

Off to bed now. Hope everyone has the day that they want tomorrow.
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7