View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2005, 01:41 PM
Well I smoke but in the same way the I will keep it away from kids I stay standing up when I'm smoking around Archie so he doesn't inhale any smoke.. It's just out of habit I suppose, my mum hates the smell and I live with her, so I've always smoked out in the garden or balcony, and I've always been taught to be respectful of others when I smoke.
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2005, 01:41 PM
Cassy and Kip dont really like it they will generally move away.
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2005, 01:55 PM
i think the breeder is going a little over the top. my MIL smokes and her dogs will sit on her lap when she has a fag and it dont both them. and her oldest is now 9 and he is a toy yorkie. a friend of mine has 2 racing grayhounds and they both smoke well over 50 day and most of that is in the house and both dogs very often come first or second when running
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2005, 02:29 PM
Quite a few rescues will now only re-home to non smoking households.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2005, 02:32 PM
do u think it might be to do with firehazards? or people leaving ashtrays about and the risk of the dogs eating the ash and cigarettes?

bizarre
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2005, 02:34 PM
God knows. I mean there are risks with everything, which rescues are these Julie? I would like to call or mail them and find out why.

I mean imagine somebody having the perfect home, matching perfectly with a wee dog in a rescue but no they wont let you have him cause you smoke. There are plenty worse things people do and it is sad if people are overlooked because they choose to smoke. What next nobody that drinks!
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2005, 02:37 PM
I meant to say Jenny if that were the case then they could say they were not going to rehome a dog in a household with an iron (firehazard) or perhaps a house that uses candles....there are risks with everything, if that is the case it seems too much OTT.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2005, 02:40 PM
Could be I suppose I know the rescue I am involved with has had several animals in due to fires in homes - distressingly often it is just charred bodies they have to go and pick up
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-03-2005, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by Laura
What next nobody that drinks!
Uh-huh, soon we'll have pubs with no drinking, and then no speaking too!

Talk about a nanny-state! Whatever happened to people being responsible for themselves??
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2005, 02:42 PM
Sorry can't remeber which ones it was - I just vividly remember when we went looking for a rescue dog we were turned down for living in a flat by many rescues and reading all the rules non smoking households was a rule for quite a few.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >