Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 11:33 AM
Any news on this?
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 11:35 AM
Just caught this too. What a mindless, ridiculous act of vandalism. Have you got any further forward Iso? How awful for you to wake up to that.

Hugs
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
I would defo be looking at the neighbours,, revenge is a dish best served cold,,, Im thinking with you saying you have had dealings with them,, they have waited there time then did this,, people are so horrid,,,
Totally agree with this! I'd have been very upset indeed if somebody had done that to my trees, it's ludicrous! Couldn't they have just put a note through your door asking you to get them pruned or something? I suppose not, coz then when something like this happened the finger would be pointing at them wouldn't it, which it is in my eyes! Tell the police to put them under severe scrutiny!!!! Bl@@dy barbaric, ludicrous and totally pointless. I'd stick a bouncy castle up in it's place and let them enjoy that for a view!!!!!! Grrrr!!!!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Thanks for all your posts guys.

Well, after a couple of visits and phonecalls from the police we have reached a dead end, as I knew we would.

The Police have established that it was nothing to do with someone's view, as the trees weren't blocking anyone's line of sight, light, view etc.

They know that it was a deliberate act of vandalism/damage to our property, planned out by someone.

Unfortunately what they don't know is who did it (or why).

They have "made enquiries" up and down the street (we've seen them doing it), but predictably, no-one saw or heard anything or knows anything about it.

So there we are. That's pretty much the end of it unless someone goes to the station and says "I did it".

Rubbish. (Not that I blame the police, after all, what can you do if no-one knows anything about it?)
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 03:03 PM
Definitely one for their record books though Iso?! I bet they've never heard of anything like this either if the truth's known So now it's going to cost YOU money to get them put right, i.e. lopped off altogether or whatever else can be done to save them maybe? I'm so very sorry a terrible thing like this has happened to you, it must give you a bad taste in your mouth that's for sure, wondering who on earth, what on earth is going on!!! What about going for one of those cheapo Argos surveyllance camera's then for future reference! It might be an idea?? We're thinking of getting one for out the back coz the security lights keep coming on at the gates during the night for no reason, and I want to see what's going on out there! Dave says they're not that expensive nowadays and it might give you a bit of peace of mind for the future, coz once something mindless like this has happened to your property, it must make you a bit nervy?! I hope not anyhow.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-06-2008, 03:17 PM
Only just caught this....what a nasty act of vandalism ,

You must be totally baffled as to whY someone would do such a thing...

Some very nasty sick people out there,
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-06-2008, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
Not that I blame the police, after all, what can you do if no-one knows anything about it?
Yes, I agree, in most types of crime the police usually have a fair idea who's responsible, but in this type of 'grudge' attak by someone whose likely not known to the Police it's pretty well impossible to make an arrest, and since no one saw anything there's n'owt to go on.

Very sad, I hope you can put it behind you and don't let it worry you. IMO whoever did it will not want to risk getting caught again so IMO it's highly unlikely you'll have another incident.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5