View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2007, 07:12 PM
Thanks Steve Yes that's what Dave said, give it a year or two and it'll be even better, I hope so! Thanks for all that great advice too, let's hope everything survives my tlc out there! I'm still waiting on those birdies though, still nothing visiting my new cafe yet!!!
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2007, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I'm still waiting on those birdies though, still nothing visiting my new cafe yet!!!

I'd been throwing the seed my Parakeet doesn't eat out for about a week, but because the neighbours cat has started laying in wait, I decided, after your advice to get one of those feeding stations like yours, I put it up today and hung peanuts, seed, fat ball and those fat blocks out, within an hour I had 12 Sparrows, 2 Ringed Doves, a Robin and a billion Starling all fighting over it
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2007, 07:21 PM
Well wha????? Eh????? What am I doing wrong then?? What's wrong with my garden, maybe it's too neat and tidy now???

I'm going to move mine further up the top end away from the road, although it's not a busy road Is yours out in the open space then? I've put mine near the big tree and near the hedge so they've got some cover? Do they prefer it out in the open I wonder? When I had my bird station set up around the side, it was very, very enclosed, I even put the feeders IN the hedge but they all came, all day every day too!! Now, nothing!
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2007, 07:22 PM
Well done you,what a transformation looks awesome.Well worth the wait,xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2007, 07:27 PM
I hope you're going to be charging an entrance fee, Aitch.

Not to me of course, I expect to be one of the priveleged ones.....
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2007, 07:32 PM
I only have a small garden, but the feeding station is out in the open, basically to give the birds a chance if the cat decides they look yummy, I did have a few Sparrows visit when the food was on the ground, but nothing like the masses this afternoon, the only trouble is the bloomin Starlings don't let the others get a look in, but they only eat the fat ball/block, so I may have to move them.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2007, 08:03 PM
It looks absolutely stunning, all that hard work has paid off, they've done a fantastic job of everything xx
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2007, 08:12 PM
You peeps in Findon must be getting so much attention with what's been going on at your pad I bet your chuffed you stayed put now and did the work, as it has paid off ten fold. Now all you have to do is sit back and enjoy it.

I think the birds will return, but as so much has been going on out there, they have probably gone on holiday for a couple of weeks - soon be back
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
Well done you,what a transformation looks awesome.Well worth the wait,xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks! I can't believe it myself, I keep staring out there, it looks a picture from my office window! xxxx

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I hope you're going to be charging an entrance fee, Aitch.

Not to me of course, I expect to be one of the priveleged ones.....
Oh of course Vicki, I'll send you some free tickets though for when you come down in case I don't recognise you in the crowd! Lol!xxxxxx

Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
I only have a small garden, but the feeding station is out in the open, basically to give the birds a chance if the cat decides they look yummy, I did have a few Sparrows visit when the food was on the ground, but nothing like the masses this afternoon, the only trouble is the bloomin Starlings don't let the others get a look in, but they only eat the fat ball/block, so I may have to move them.
Thanks Christine, I don't have any starlings around here, only the little birds and blackbirds. I do have woodpigeons which are a right pain, and the collared doves. You don't want collared doves coz they're the ones with the diseases!! Lucky you. I've had the sprinkler on this morning and the birds have been around, but not on the feeders yet??? I'm moving it this afternoon!!!! xxxxxx

Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
It looks absolutely stunning, all that hard work has paid off, they've done a fantastic job of everything xx
Thanks Sheree, but you had a beautiful garden at Snowdrop cottage I seem to remember??????!!!!! xxxxxx

Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
You peeps in Findon must be getting so much attention with what's been going on at your pad I bet your chuffed you stayed put now and did the work, as it has paid off ten fold. Now all you have to do is sit back and enjoy it.

I think the birds will return, but as so much has been going on out there, they have probably gone on holiday for a couple of weeks - soon be back
Thanks Tracy, it has all paid off hasn't it! I hope yours goes just as smoothly, or even more smoothly coz mine did have a few hiccups didn't it!!! Still better than the stress and hassle of moving I think though!xxxxxxx p.s. have you got it yet??? You should have????xxxxxx
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2007, 11:36 AM
wow

looks really fab
it now shows off that beautiful house of yours

wanna design my front garden, we are in need of a makeover badly and are gonna start after xmas :smt002
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >