View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2006, 02:39 PM
Oh yes, this must be your first year of paying monthly....we pay ours every 3 months. You have to pay for your first year in advance before they let you pay the normal monthly rate for the following year
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2006, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by DobieGirl
IS IT?!?!! for 12 months?

I think so - hang on I will dig my licence out and see what it says the full amount should be.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2006, 02:40 PM
Oh right, i paid all up front first year of living there now i've just started paying monthly. Makes sense.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2006, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
I think so - hang on I will dig my licence out and see what it says the full amount should be.

Dont worry Fox, this is my first year of paying monthly, i usually pay it all off. So thats why its so expensive.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2006, 02:45 PM
Oh it says £126.50 on this licence I have now but I am due a new one next month.

Oh just looked back through my statements - it was £8.51 in August last year and then went to £10.99 after that but that still doesnt make £126.50 does it Unless they take a different payment in July or something
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2006, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by DobieGirl
Dont worry Fox, this is my first year of paying monthly, i usually pay it all off. So thats why its so expensive.

Yes it will go down after 6 months I think
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-06-2006, 02:46 PM
Getting back to tv's, I only watch a 14" portable, I wouldn't change it either, want to know why? because after you have all bought your digi box's etc, they will start to transfer the broadcast into HD format, then you'll have either to get a new tv or another box of some sort, basically I'm just going to wait right until the change happens before I get anything, also if you wait till then they are supposed to help you purchase a digi box, if you are on benefit.

And if the tv licence goes up much more I'll do without it!

Ian
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2006, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by Hoggett
Getting back to tv's, I only watch a 14" portable, I wouldn't change it either, want to know why? because after you have all bought your digi box's etc, they will start to transfer the broadcast into HD format, then you'll have either to get a new tv or another box of some sort
Nah, because if you had read my post, we've already done the HD thing

Welcome to the world of my OH - reading into whats going to happen to technology in 5 years time
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2006, 03:22 PM
Haven't read all of you chatter boxes messages...lol...

But I know you can just get a digital Ariel stuck on your roof instead of an analogue one and will receive all the free channels still when they switch off the analogue signal, so yeah you keep your old tv if it lasts that long anyway Some guy mentioned next yr things will start going digital instead of analogue.
geordieboxerlover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-06-2006, 05:20 PM
it is the arieal you wil have to renew to be able to recieve digital tv.
the old analogue ariel will be no use at all when digital come's in ..which some say wil be in the next year .
so if you have digital ariel you will be ok if not your telly will not receive any channel's.
dunno about if you have freebox tho.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >