View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-03-2006, 09:12 AM
We loved it as soon as we walked in ...big open bright hallway ..we just looked at each other and nodded
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2006, 09:34 AM
Originally Posted by minda
It was the garden that made my house special. I didn't really care about the house as long as the walls held up the ceilings, and there weren't any leaks. For the budget I had at the time the garden was exceptionally big. I knew that I could change the house to be the way I wanted later but I had to have the biggest garden I could afford. It's south facing (more or less!) and I still love looking at it every day to see what's going on out there. I have a window that overlooks the garden and any time I've got nothing particular to do I can be found gazing out over my garden dreaming about what I'm going to plant, and what landscaping I can do. Even if my house fell down tomorrow I'd stay here but live in the shed!
Sounds perfect
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2006, 10:17 AM
For me it wasnt the house which I fell in love with, it was the huge beautifully tendered garden with stunning views. Then my Northern Inuits came and it now looks like this:-

We have made changes to the house, made it more dog friendly and the garden will have to have no grass for next winter as my 2 NI's just run up and down the garden all day long and now its just mud.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2006, 10:24 AM
Oh I remember what it was like to have mud in the garden with Sabre charging up and down it like a horse He made his own special path that he would charge down if he heard anyone passing the front gate, I was really sorry when it grew back again because I always looked on it as Sabres path
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2006, 10:39 AM
Hee hee the garden is like mine, when we moved here 22 years ago our back although quite small was sp well tended rock gardens gorgeous grass and flowers, now well its got one or two bushes and the rest paved, we gave it over to the dogs, they like it though. We moved here cos we had three children at the time at home and needed space, would prefer more space outside but its home now and hopefully will never have to move, its no palace though!!
sez
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-03-2006, 11:23 PM
mines council,but my neighbours made me love my house,they are fantastic,they dont mind the dogs,when hector collapsed on me the other week mark ran me to the vets,they are brill
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2006, 12:31 AM
Well I was 5 and had no choice!

But I think my parents chose this house firstly cos it was cheaper then the one 2 doors up with a conservatory and bigger garden! Also it's got HUGE windows in every room so is nice and light.

Must admit I've spent over 20 years in this house (bungalow really!) and it will be sorely missed when they move elsewhere and I move out.

Plus I'm finding stairs to be a serious pain in the butt!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2006, 12:48 AM
...well I quite like the colour of cardboard...
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2006, 12:54 AM
Is your house the colour of cardboard like?

(God I even sound like a Geordie when I type! )
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2006, 01:12 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd
Is your house the colour of cardboard like?

(God I even sound like a Geordie when I type! )
*listen* can you hear the sound of something flying right over your head

LOL
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >