View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2006, 04:52 PM
Always lived in this area, good schools close by etc. so when we had kids old enough to go to the school.......Bristol City Council in their wisdom decided to shut it down

Next stop.......as far away from Bristol as possible.

My parents have been living in the same house for 41 years now, we've lived here 18 years, as soon as the kids finish school, we'll be off, don't know really how/why we've stayed here so long!
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2006, 04:55 PM
Wish I could say I fell in love with our house but we didn't - it was what our budget could afford at the time, so we looked for the most solid looking house with straight walls - then we gutted the house like a fish.

It's not finished though and when it is, it still won't be the house we want - but hey you got to start somewhere
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2006, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by chinaowner
wow that must be strange thinking you were born in that very room!!!

Yes and they shoved my pram in the corner and my dad came in from the pub and switched on the horse racing and my sister who was 12 then was really excited and said have a look she's over the there in the corner and my dad said - oh I'll have a look in a bit - I'm just watching this race No wonder we never liked each other much
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-03-2006, 06:42 PM
I bought this house off my sis and her hubby.I like the area cause im surrounded by playing fields,natives are friendly,back garden is south facing so a real sun trap and is bright & airey!

Oh another thing-also got the house cheap at £58,000,but is now worth £165,000...
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2006, 07:25 PM
The house we are in now was a compromise with our daughter, we wanted to move to a property with land out of town - she freaked out, and made us realise how selfish we were being, taking her away from her school and friends.

So I would say this move was a sidewards move in the respect that both properties were of similar value, but this one had more potential. We moved from an immaculate EOT to a Semi in a small quiet friendly close. We have our own drive and garage, and a very large garden. Although the property required complete modernisation, and extensive building work, we now have our perfect home.

The only reason we would move now, would be to a detached property, but we have ample living space here and love it.
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-03-2006, 10:20 PM
It was the garden that made my house special. I didn't really care about the house as long as the walls held up the ceilings, and there weren't any leaks. For the budget I had at the time the garden was exceptionally big. I knew that I could change the house to be the way I wanted later but I had to have the biggest garden I could afford. It's south facing (more or less!) and I still love looking at it every day to see what's going on out there. I have a window that overlooks the garden and any time I've got nothing particular to do I can be found gazing out over my garden dreaming about what I'm going to plant, and what landscaping I can do. Even if my house fell down tomorrow I'd stay here but live in the shed!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2006, 11:16 PM
Nuffin I hate it

Close to uni, will be moving out as soon as i'm done here
Shady
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-03-2006, 12:19 AM
it was my garden the thought of the dogs out there and the fact its out in the sticks and the kids have there own rooms still row so not all good
Catmelodian
Dogsey Senior
Male 

17-03-2006, 12:31 AM
It doesn't leak half as much as the last one.

It has a superb sauna room; which is handy since the rest of the house is like a fridge. Thinking of moving the telly in there...
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-03-2006, 09:00 AM
Our house is nice but the views from our kitchen window did it for us,out of front door,straight onto playing field,round the corner onto meadows and through the woods onto more meadows back down a little lane across field and back to front door or round side to back gate,we have good neighbours and a nature reserve too, seconds away oh and a cemetry but that doesn't bother us.Will move though Harlow is not a good place to live now we have lived here nearly 9 yrs,and it has changed.Want the cottage with roses round the door one day.Who knows maybe we will.But will definately move.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >