Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-11-2005, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Yes I did this last week Carole I am just wondering if the heater has gone because I have just put some washing on to test it and I have done whites at 60 degrees and the glass at the front still feels stone cold Have you any idea when the water is heated up to 60 degrees because as yet it hasn't done it
Will watch next time I put a load on and let you know
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 10:30 AM
[QUOTE=Carole]
Originally Posted by crazycockers

We have soft water up here and dont need to use as much soap powder I only have to use 115g Ariel per load compared to hard water just under 200g per load.

That is probably why I find the tablets a lot dearer I also buy in bulk from Costco £13 for a box that lasts about 100 washes
Shame you're not closer, my daughter works in Makro and I get her staff discount, plus it's BOGOF at the moment!

Yes our water is very hard here and yet go 1/2 hour down the motorway to the dragon-in-laws and her water is really soft!
Carole
Supervisor

17-11-2005, 10:39 AM
will need to ask about and see if anyone has a Makro card now
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by Carole
Will watch next time I put a load on and let you know

Its okay Carole - found out the heater is working okay - the glass at the front was really hot last night after about 10-15 minutes of it being on.

I still think I prefer the hot and cold fill washers though that just take the hot water from the water tank in the loft - I read on another forum that these cold fill ones are a lot more expensive to run and their electric had gone up £200 a year since having one Its about time manufacturers gave us the choice of what we want instead of just telling us what we have got to have
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 11:04 AM
[QUOTE=crazycockers]

Shame you're not closer, my daughter works in Makro and I get her staff discount, plus it's BOGOF at the moment!

Yes our water is very hard here and yet go 1/2 hour down the motorway to the dragon-in-laws and her water is really soft!

:smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044

I love that phrase - Dragon-in-law CC - must use that one myself
Carole
Supervisor

17-11-2005, 11:05 AM
Just put a load on anyway and the glass is warm after about 15 minutes too.

The new machines seem to take ages too. It takes mine 2 hours to do a load at 40 deg.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 11:14 AM
Just put a load on anyway and the glass is warm after about 15 minutes too.

The new machines seem to take ages too. It takes mine 2 hours to do a load at 40 deg.

Mine takes just over an hour I think unless I use the superwash at 60 degrees which takes about 2 hours.

Has your machine got a 50 degrees on Carole because mine hasn't - and this was the one that I used the most as well. I have to either wash at 40 or 60 now
Carole
Supervisor

17-11-2005, 11:19 AM
mine has the digital control panel so I can do a 60 degree wash and change the temp down to 50 but no program for 50 degree wash.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 11:28 AM
Yes my mum has the same machine as mine except hers has a variable temperature control knob and mine has a knob so that you can choose which spin speed you want - wish I had the temperature knob now instead
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 01:28 PM
had no idea it was all so complicated

i have an LG washer we got last year and i use the tablets and have no problems - no idea whether its cold fill or whatever though ?? how would i know?

the only problem I had with it is a suspicious looking tooth shaped nick in the door rubber which cost me £30 for a new seal and a very frustrated husband who spent two days trying to get it on !!!!

dani
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >