Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-11-2005, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
No the water is definitely stone cold on mine Steve because I have felt it going into the soap thingy. I am using Surf for whites and Tescos colour powder for the coloureds and none of them dissolve properly. I have tried Asdas powder too and this doesn't dissolve either. I will have to give the tablets a try I think
ooh er!

I'd contact Hotpoint and tell them of the problem cause you cannot be alone.
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-11-2005, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
I'd contact Hotpoint and tell them of the problem cause you cannot be alone.
Perhaps they ought to call themselves, 'Coldpoint' in future
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-11-2005, 09:14 PM
strange I just looked at my washing machine, mine is a Hotpoint and I used Ariel powder and it dissolved. Mine is a new machine too.

Could low water pressure cause this?

I tried to use the tablets but went back to powder as they were costing me a fortune with the amount of washing I do
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by royv
Perhaps they ought to call themselves, 'Coldpoint' in future

Yes thats a point Roy
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 09:38 PM
[QUOTE=Carole]strange I just looked at my washing machine, mine is a Hotpoint and I used Ariel powder and it dissolved. Mine is a new machine too.

I tried to use the tablets but went back to powder as they were costing me a fortune with the amount of washing I do [/QUOTE

Thats really weird isn't it then Thats what puts me off the tablets - the expense because I do loads of washing with 3 kids Perhaps something has gone wrong with it then because I don't remember it doing it at first when I got it
Carole
Supervisor

16-11-2005, 09:42 PM
I know this is probably a stupid question but have you taken out the drawer and cleaned it out? Mine clogs up with powder so I have to clean it regularly.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by Carole
I know this is probably a stupid question but have you taken out the drawer and cleaned it out? Mine clogs up with powder so I have to clean it regularly.

Yes I did this last week Carole I am just wondering if the heater has gone because I have just put some washing on to test it and I have done whites at 60 degrees and the glass at the front still feels stone cold Have you any idea when the water is heated up to 60 degrees because as yet it hasn't done it
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 10:45 PM
[QUOTE=Foxy]
Originally Posted by Carole
strange I just looked at my washing machine, mine is a Hotpoint and I used Ariel powder and it dissolved. Mine is a new machine too.

I tried to use the tablets but went back to powder as they were costing me a fortune with the amount of washing I do [/QUOTE

Thats really weird isn't it then Thats what puts me off the tablets - the expense because I do loads of washing with 3 kids Perhaps something has gone wrong with it then because I don't remember it doing it at first when I got it
We've got 4 children and 6 dogs, I don't think it works out any dearer than powder......or maybe I was a bit heavy handed with the powder......
Carole
Supervisor

17-11-2005, 09:11 AM
[QUOTE=crazycockers]
Originally Posted by Foxy

We've got 4 children and 6 dogs, I don't think it works out any dearer than powder......or maybe I was a bit heavy handed with the powder......
We have soft water up here and dont need to use as much soap powder I only have to use 115g Ariel per load compared to hard water just under 200g per load.

That is probably why I find the tablets a lot dearer I also buy in bulk from Costco £13 for a box that lasts about 100 washes
Tara_G
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-11-2005, 10:09 AM
My friend had a similar problem with her washing machine she bought last year. It worked fine for the first few washes then the machine stopped taking the powder out of the drawer. I told her to phone them up and get it sorted but she said it was too much hassle so just used the tablets that go in the drum. Then a few months later she'd put a load on and water started pouring out of the drawer The pipe thingy that takes the powder to the drum had got blocked up with powder. I'd give hotpoint a ring and get it sorted.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >