Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Thanks CC - Where do the tablets go - directly into the washing machine drum? I will have to give them a try because I have had to wash the same clothes twice today and its no use hanging them out now because it will be dark soon

I always put the Ariel tablets in the drawer, but I think Persil actually go in the wash in a little net bag that's in the box
tricks
Dogsey Junior

16-11-2005, 02:38 PM
i dint know that was the case on the cold fill machines and you are right iwould prefer if they tested these machines at all angles before selling them its a bummer when you get your machine to find out that your machine is not up to scratch then a few months later they come up with a new improved machine which shopuld have been the case to start with .
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 02:56 PM
I didn't know that!...you learn something everyday!...I wouldn't have thought cold water would be able to clean clothes as well as hot?? That is quite rubbish to say the least!
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 03:11 PM
Isn't there something about cold fill machines that the water is heated within the machine opposed to taking it's feed off of your hot water supply?
Sansorrella
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 08:16 PM
Yes I believe cold fill machines do heat the water - which seems to be environmentally unfriendly when you have a tank of hot water sitting doing nothing.

I have just got a cold fill machine (as someone said - we have to buy them cos we have no choice) and I had noticed that there is a lot of powder left in the dispenser but didn't know why til today - thanks, I'll try tipping some hot water in next time.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 08:30 PM
I prefer to use the liquid tablets, as the water disolves the wrapping thing!
So no residue!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by Sansorrella
Yes I believe cold fill machines do heat the water - which seems to be environmentally unfriendly when you have a tank of hot water sitting doing nothing.

I have just got a cold fill machine (as someone said - we have to buy them cos we have no choice) and I had noticed that there is a lot of powder left in the dispenser but didn't know why til today - thanks, I'll try tipping some hot water in next time.

Yes when I got mine from Currys they said that nearly all makes of machine except about two are cold fill ones now. I always forget to put the cup of hot water in though
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-11-2005, 08:52 PM
On most cold fill washing machines Foxy-the water which disolves the powder/tablets has already been heated by its own onboard boiler,but it may not be getting upto enough temperature to dissolve.Try switching brands and see if another dissolves better.I use Daz tablets and dont have any problems!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
On most cold fill washing machines Foxy-the water which disolves the powder/tablets has already been heated by its own onboard boiler,but it may not be getting upto enough temperature to dissolve.Try switching brands and see if another dissolves better.I use Daz tablets and dont have any problems!

No the water is definitely stone cold on mine Steve because I have felt it going into the soap thingy. I am using Surf for whites and Tescos colour powder for the coloureds and none of them dissolve properly. I have tried Asdas powder too and this doesn't dissolve either. I will have to give the tablets a try I think
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-11-2005, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
No the water is definitely stone cold on mine Steve because I have felt it going into the soap thingy. I am using Surf for whites and Tescos colour powder for the coloureds and none of them dissolve properly. I have tried Asdas powder too and this doesn't dissolve either. I will have to give the tablets a try I think
you have to turn it on Foxy
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >