View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 01:26 PM
LMAO here! Yes, they actually mention the "blue button" on page 10, long after they have told you how to operate it, and it only says "to use the spray press the blue button". Well me being me, thought that meant if you had a really bad stain then you could press the blue button for a spray! Lol! Like a steam iron has a spray doesn't it, but you don't bloomin hold it on all the time do ya!!

Can't thank you enough Saz, and I'm glad I'm not as stupid as I thought, it's all their fault isn't it!

Btw, have taken a piccy and will post up later, coz my carpet looks like new now, but it's worn me out, that was really hard work, especially on a Saturday when I would like to have a break!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 01:48 PM
Are you both using the AAA shampoo that you got with it?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 02:14 PM
Yes Hevvur, I got the Vax Anti Allergen Additive one with mine, and it smelt really nice when I started. Saz said hers didn't have much of a smell toit so maybe she didn't get that one with hers? Mind you, the nice smell didn't last long though, only whilst I was shampooing. Now that the dogs have moved back in it's smelling all doggy again! Lol!
Saz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 02:33 PM
Yes Hevvur i use the Anti Allergen one that came with it, i don't think it smells strong enough but i like strong nice smells so i may be just a little to fussy. But that Vanish Carpet Shampoo ya can get smells lovely, it's ok for 3in1 machines so am wondering if its ok for this, but i will give it a go regardless lol and will let you all know, plus its a lot cheaper
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 03:16 PM
Yeah, the smell doesn't last long -I like nice strong smells too!
That you can smell when you open the door!
I have started to wash the couch now - wow! It's coming up lovely!
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 04:35 PM
Just out of curiosity how heavy are these Vax Rapide's?
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 04:41 PM
Mine is really light actually! (the V-026)
It does say it's a lightweight one in it's write up.
I was surprised when I picked the box up it came in, even with all the packaging it was easy and light enough to carry.
Deffinately lighter than my Dyson (I don't have an upright Dyson..I have one of the others).
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 05:02 PM
I would say the V-027 is actually quite heavy, you have to use the wheels on it to manouvre it, you can't just sort of lift it up like a hoover, it's very heavy. I found it quite heavy too when pulling it backwards when it was doing it's "sucking" phase, but then I would say heavy is good as it seems more industrial!? I went to use the hoover afterwards for another room and it felt like using a toy after using the Vax on the whole lounge, and my muscles are really aching! I have now come to the conclusion that this carpet washing lark might be a job for a man, but finding one closeby to do it is posing a bit of a problem for me! Lol! They're never around when you want one are they!
Saz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 05:12 PM
Come on Helen time to get fit, us women don't need men

Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 05:17 PM
Lol Saz! I look a bit like that now!!

I used to have big hard muscles when I had the horse! All that lifting bales or hay and shavings up a steep muddy slope, and of course for holding back half a ton of horseflesh who wanted to leg it all the time with me on board! Can't build up muscles like that on my bike unfortunately, so maybe I'd better start walking those dogs down the road on their leads in the mornings - that will do it!
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >