Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 09:33 AM

Heeeeeeeelp please with my new Vax!!

Well, guess what, I've done everything according to the instructions with my new Vax V027 Rapide, and started using it and my carpets remain bone dry! So do the brushes underneath on the roller! Help!! What have I done wrong, anybody got any idea please. Hubby has gone out (typical!) and left me to it. When I take the clean water tank out I have a bit of water in the black rubber round bit, the little hose is firmly in it's hole from the shampoo container, the switch at the bottom (big grey one) is laying sort of flat, but I can lift it up with the tools arrow pointing down, so I assume that is for when I want to use the tools side of thing. I have the hose for the tools fitted on the back with nothing connected because I don't want to use the tools, I just want to clean my carpets! Why won't it work then! Of course, tried phoning the helpline and they are off today, back on Monday and I have removed all my furniture from the lounge. Maybe it needs to run for a few minutes to get thewater coming thru, I don't know, but I don't want to blow it up! Any advice would be much appreciated, as I'm in the mood to do them, but that won't last long at this rate! Lol!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54
Well, guess what, I've done everything according to the instructions with my new Vax V027 Rapide, and started using it and my carpets remain bone dry! So do the brushes underneath on the roller! Help!! What have I done wrong, anybody got any idea please. Hubby has gone out (typical!) and left me to it. When I take the clean water tank out I have a bit of water in the black rubber round bit, the little hose is firmly in it's hole from the shampoo container, the switch at the bottom (big grey one) is laying sort of flat, but I can lift it up with the tools arrow pointing down, so I assume that is for when I want to use the tools side of thing. I have the hose for the tools fitted on the back with nothing connected because I don't want to use the tools, I just want to clean my carpets! Why won't it work then! Of course, tried phoning the helpline and they are off today, back on Monday and I have removed all my furniture from the lounge. Maybe it needs to run for a few minutes to get thewater coming thru, I don't know, but I don't want to blow it up! Any advice would be much appreciated, as I'm in the mood to do them, but that won't last long at this rate! Lol!
Just a thought Helen.....................have you plugged it in

<Foxy runs to hide before Helen catches up with her>
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-09-2005, 10:12 AM
You've probably done all these, but just in case ...

Is the floor/tools selector switch in the 'floor' position (up) ?
Are the Power, Brush and soap switches 'On' ?
Did you 'Step on the handle release pedal to put the cleaner into a cleaning position' ?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 10:16 AM
Have you had a look on their website in case they have some sort of troubleshooting guide on there. Just seen a piccy of your Vax - it looks fantastic We got one a couple of years ago but it was one of those orange cylinder ones

Don't know whether you have a user guide for it but you can download one that looks really easy on their website, it takes you through it step by step.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy

Lol Foxy you know me toooooo well! Yes, I did plug it in though!

Thanks roy. Yes, yes, yes to all of those!

Sazzy has just mailed me that apparently you have to hold the blue button on the handle "in" as you go forwards, so WHY, oh WHY don't they tell me that bit on the instructions! I'm feeling in the dark here! I am much better being given practical instructions on new things rather than read instructions,it just doesn't sink in somewhere when reading instructions! Lol! Off to have another go now with the button held in and see if that works. If you don't hear from me again, I have blown us all up!
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-09-2005, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy

There was me getting all technical, and you come up with a stunning answer
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-09-2005, 10:30 AM
Sazzy has just mailed me that apparently you have to hold the blue button on the handle "in" as you go forwards, so WHY, oh WHY don't they tell me that bit on the instructions! I'm feeling in the dark here! I am much better being given practical instructions on new things rather than read instructions,it just doesn't sink in somewhere when reading instructions! Lol! Off to have another go now with the button held in and see if that works. If you don't hear from me again, I have blown us all up!
Yes, the blue button - that was the next one I was going to give you.

If you need a manual: http://www.vax.co.uk/live/VaxGuideNo23a.pdf - don't know if you get a full manual, or a starter one these days.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 10:31 AM
Lol Foxy you know me toooooo well! Yes, I did plug it in though!

Thanks roy. Yes, yes, yes to all of those!

Don't worry Helen, I am just the same as you - written instructions just don't seem to go in I am better someone else reading them and telling me what to do When we got our Vax machine (the orange round one) we filled it and were merrily washing away when we realised the carpet was soaking wet and the thing wasn't sucking up Anyway we phoned the help line and they suggested a few things to check which we did and they said it must be faulty. Anyway we tried it again and realised we hadn't put the top on it properly and sealed it
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 10:32 AM
YAYYYYYYYYYY!! IT WORKS!!! WOW, it's fantastic!

Thanks you guys for all your help, especially Saz, who told me about that blue button that the instructions had omitted to tell me!! Thanks for making me laff Foxy coz you can imagine how peed off I was about it all!!

I'm off now to carry on playing with my new toy!
Saz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2005, 11:12 AM
Lmao yes am giggling at this post I have to admit i did the dogs bedroom carpet without pressing the "Blue" button and was rather peed off with it lol but then i foud the BIG blue button, wondered what it was for and tried it Hey Presto

Glad your ok now Helen
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »