View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 11:24 AM
1and 2 don't bother me but am afraid as a mum with two small children it does irritate me when people who don't have SMALL children park in the parent and child.. The whole point of these spaces is do that kids can bs got out of the car without whacking the car next to them, and with space around to open door wide. I actually ammnog bothered where these spaces are and would prefer if supermarkets put them further away from the entrance round the side or something so they don't get abused.

I use them as otherwise it can be nigh on impossible getting baby in the car seat if dineone has parked really close. I don't need it for how close it is as they either go in trolley or buggy/ sling if we are not getting much.

I would never dream of parking in a disabled space unless it's 2 in the morning and the entire two rows of spaces were free and even then I probably wouldn't!!

It's about respect and if a space is there for a parent a d child or disabled to use then that's who should use it not anyone else who doesn't want to walk too far. I often see parents with teenagers using it just ridiculous.

Thing is if I park in s normal space there is a good chance I will end up hitting the car door next to me whilst manhandling squirming baby and preschooler into the car, stopping trolley from rolling away etc.

If I can't get a parent and child I normally try to find an end of rowbon a normal space
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 11:48 AM
I do look at the reduced items and buy especially if I can freeze it,I also use the mother and baby spaces to park my car after it was hit and had a nice big scrape and dent in the passenger door and tesco's didn't have any cctv

I prefer to go though when it's quite,late evening or early morning,so there are always plenty of spaces free.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 12:19 PM
This is all why shopping online works for me.
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-05-2011, 12:24 PM
With regard to the reduced items, I can't see how it is unethical to buy items they are offering for sale? I do sometime hover in the general area of the girl marking stuff down, but I try not to make if obvious

Abuse of disabled spaces really annoys me. My husband is disabled and has a blue badge. Some days he can walk a fair way, some days he can't. I would never park in one of these spaces when he isn't with me, and I think it incredibly selfish when other people do.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 12:48 PM
1) People clearing ALL the bargain reduced section and not leaving anything for anyone else to buy.

This does annoy me a bit, never done it myself. If it is the end of the day, near closing time, I don't think there should be a problem.

2) People following the lady/man round who's reducing the items so they can have first pick

Never actually seen this before lol so can't comment.

3) People parking in the "parent and child" section when they haven't got small children.

I have never done this myself, bf has a few times late in the day when it is quiet (ie. after 8pm here) if he needs to quickly grab money or milk etc, but doesn't matter as there is a whole seperate parent and child and disabled car park closer to the shop. However if it is busy (between hours of 9am and 7pm here), I do think it is quite rude and selfish of people who do not hold a badge to park in these spaces.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 01:36 PM
I will have to remember next time I go into a shop, at whatever time of day, and I see only ONE item that I want, to leave it for those who come later.....................

Hmmm that makes sense!

A shop is open
It has stuff to sell
If it does not sell stuff it has to a) reduce its employees, b) reduce its hours c)close........... which then effectively also does a) and b).
I have been taught to go to shops as that is where I will find things to buy.
I have also been told several thousands times, via advertising, that if I go to (insert relevant shop) I will get bargains.

So, now I should not do any of the above...................

The logic of some people completely escapes me............
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I will have to remember next time I go into a shop, at whatever time of day, and I see only ONE item that I want, to leave it for those who come later.....................

Hmmm that makes sense!

A shop is open
It has stuff to sell
If it does not sell stuff it has to a) reduce its employees, b) reduce its hours c)close........... which then effectively also does a) and b).
I have been taught to go to shops as that is where I will find things to buy.
I have also been told several thousands times, via advertising, that if I go to (insert relevant shop) I will get bargains.

So, now I should not do any of the above...................

The logic of some people completely escapes me............
Oh dear and I was feeling guilty after what "big Sis" said! My husband agrees with you SB! ANyway, can't stop as I'm off to Tescos to get Cherry's pet prescription. Last time I went they announced over the tannoy that they were reducing the mackeral on the fish counter to 50p a kilo and I bought all of it! 5.4 kg of fish for £2.70! Dogs are very happy! Oh no-perhaps I was being greedy but I did ask if it was ok to buy that much and they said yes as they wanted rid of it.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
Last time I went they announced over the tannoy that they were reducing the mackeral on the fish counter to 50p a kilo and I bought all of it! 5.4 kg of fish for £2.70! Dogs are very happy! Oh no-perhaps I was being greedy but I did ask if it was ok to buy that much and they said yes as they wanted rid of it.
How very dare you! Do you KNOW how many people you have deprived of the opportunity to buy this fish?
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 06:01 PM
If people want to buy out the reduced bin so be it!! Etiquette ref reduced bin raiding???? I have heard it all now!!! No offence to your sister but I cannot believe it is even an issue. Just my opinion of course!!!!!! And surely it is better the items are bought than they go in a skip and then get dumped, (assuming the skip isn't raided.....or is that unethical too.....?).
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
And surely it is better the items are bought than they go in a skip and then get dumped
Exactly! A friend of mine worked in Sainsburys for a while and I know she used to get so angry at the food that she was asked to put in the bins at the end of the night, it is better for someone to buy it surely?
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >