Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2006, 05:46 PM

muzzles for cats

Has anybody heard of this before apparently my brothers taking his cat to the vets for a muzzle
Apparently he's going to live with his friend while he's waiting for all the legal stuff for the states to be completed,and they have a dog,my brothers cat isn't very friendly towards dogs or cats and bites so he wants a muzzle fitted.
Sal
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2006, 06:05 PM
ooh ive never heard of this i think it would be rather cruel to muzzle a cat sorry im no help
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2006, 07:35 PM
You have got to be kidding me???

I'm sorry but that's cruelty... I've never heard such a thing...

The dogs and cat will work it out themselves.. No need for a muzzle..
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2006, 07:45 PM
They do make muzzles for cats (Mikki do them)but they are not meant to be left on the cat unrestrained but for veterinary examinations & grooming

There is no need for a cat to be muzzled around a dog & leaving one one a long time would compromise the cats health. If it's only going to be temporary better that they keep the two apart
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2006, 07:58 PM
Not to sure about the details but will email him and tell him what you guys have said.I may have got it wrong i know he said he was definatly taking him to the vets perhaps he wanted a muzzle so the vet could have a look at him,i will try and find out some more info
Thanks
Sal