Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-03-2010, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
If you like the smell of lemons, cut one in half, I always put my in an egg cup, cut side up, sprinkle with good helping of Bicarb and leave it to do the job, the Bicarb absorbs nasty smell, and the lemon leaves the house smelling lemony and after a few visits, even friends stop asking about your weird ornament

I use them in my fridge, limes also, it keeps it lovely and fresh.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2010, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
what a lovely memory! i love it when smells can provoke a happy thought from the past.
Yea...and when I think of my infant school I smell Carbolic soap lol

xxxx
AmyH-Cornwall
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-03-2010, 09:38 AM
Never actually done this myself (we have electric heaters and can't put anything over them! ) I read it in a magazine though, using herbal teabags with a little water on and then placing them on a warm radiator apparently lets off a lovely aroma! I suppose there are loads of different falvours to try!
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2010, 08:01 PM
Hi i use lavender and tea tree essential oil in water to wipe down my kitchen tops and sinks and in the bathroom snd the smell is lovely, lavender and tea tree are naturally antibacterial as well. I sprinkle lavender oil on my pillowcases, its nice and relaxing.

A little essential oil on light bulbs is good too, when the bulb warms up it releases the smell.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5