Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2010, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
I quite often pop zoflora down my sinks as well, and as my house is quite small the smell from the zoflora gets all around the house.
I'm a recent zoflora convert - trick is not to use too much as it can be overpowering - dilute some in a bottle sprayer and use that for spot cleaning, paintwork etc and it gives a lovely background smell.

Some of the 'flavours' are rather overwhelming (Lavender, Hyacinth, Flowershop) but if you can find the Lilac one, it's quite gentle and has hints of other scents, it certainly doesn't smell like a disinfectant and is nicer than most air fresheners.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2010, 04:05 AM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
they are a particularly lovely smelling candle! i think it's the name of the company but they are gorgeous!

alright rub it in that you have a sunny, hot climate!! actually i don't really have any flowers, most of the plants in my garden are green leafy ones!

i think i have heard of those sticks but i can't remember the name either, must be old age!
Glad I am not the only one who cant remember , also thought of this vanilla spray that is a cleaning product for benches etc but has a lovely smell, after it is used, it is great as the smell lasts for ages too.
Sorry didnt mean to rub it in, I thought gardenias were English flowers, I know frangipani's are Hawaiian though. What about lavender that is English and can be strong scented (as there are now something like 50 varieties and lasts for ages when cut??
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2010, 07:10 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I soak an old flannel in comfort and put it on the radiator.

Lidl's plug ins are cheap and very good too.
lol I love the smell of Comfort as well, I often do the small towel in comfort on the radiator as well.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2010, 07:35 AM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
I'm a recent zoflora convert - trick is not to use too much as it can be overpowering - dilute some in a bottle sprayer and use that for spot cleaning, paintwork etc and it gives a lovely background smell.

Some of the 'flavours' are rather overwhelming (Lavender, Hyacinth, Flowershop) but if you can find the Lilac one, it's quite gentle and has hints of other scents, it certainly doesn't smell like a disinfectant and is nicer than most air fresheners.
i think i'm going to have to give zoflora a go! i like the sound of the lilac one so i'll have a look this weekend.

Originally Posted by Emrad View Post
Glad I am not the only one who cant remember , also thought of this vanilla spray that is a cleaning product for benches etc but has a lovely smell, after it is used, it is great as the smell lasts for ages too.
Sorry didnt mean to rub it in, I thought gardenias were English flowers, I know frangipani's are Hawaiian though. What about lavender that is English and can be strong scented (as there are now something like 50 varieties and lasts for ages when cut??
you certainly aren't the only one emma! it's amazing the stuff that can be used isn't it? actually i think you're right about gardenias and i think i have 2 in my garden! i definitely have lavender as lily brushes against it when she comes through the front door! thanks emma!

Originally Posted by Shona View Post
lol I love the smell of Comfort as well, I often do the small towel in comfort on the radiator as well.
comfort is so nice, far better than stinky dog!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-03-2010, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by lilypup
they are a particularly lovely smelling candle! i think it's the name of the company but they are gorgeous!

alright rub it in that you have a sunny, hot climate!! actually i don't really have any flowers, most of the plants in my garden are green leafy ones!

i think i have heard of those sticks but i can't remember the name either, must be old age!
Yankee Candles....... clean cotton and baby powder are lovely
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-03-2010, 10:41 AM
Every time we spray something or use carpet freshner it affects Honey she starts with the reverse sneezing its horrid so havent found anything yet that doesnt make her do that, any ideas would be very welcome.
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-03-2010, 01:07 PM
for those that like the Yankee candles, my vets are now selling candles to rival them. They are called pet odor exterminator candles,
http://www.vet-direct.co.uk/default....view&data=7689

the one on that link is a pumpkin spiced one, but they do loads of different flavours, i've got the honeydew melon and strawberry ones and they smell quite nice.
The candle burns for 70 hours, and online they cost £5 so I think that works out good value.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

05-03-2010, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
i do like those plug in air fresheners but they are hideously expensive. i was thinking the other day of how i could make a cheap alternative and came up with this. get a couple of pieces of kitchen roll and dab some of your favourite essential oil in the middle. roll up the kitchen roll and stuff it down one of the grills in a radiator. when the heating comes on it warms the kitchen roll and releases the scent! how simple is that!
Lol this is actually what I do

Add a bit of warm water too

Also, not only is this _not_ harmful/bad to you, but you can use different oils to set different moods. Lavender encourages hunger and also makes you chilled out for example
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2010, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Yankee Candles....... clean cotton and baby powder are lovely
2 of my favourite smells there! i bet they are gorgeous!

Originally Posted by kobebear View Post
Every time we spray something or use carpet freshner it affects Honey she starts with the reverse sneezing its horrid so havent found anything yet that doesnt make her do that, any ideas would be very welcome.
maybe something as subtle as the flannel or kitchen roll tip may help? i know i was warned of the carpet freshners years ago as they can irritate dogs and cats.

Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
for those that like the Yankee candles, my vets are now selling candles to rival them. They are called pet odor exterminator candles,
http://www.vet-direct.co.uk/default....view&data=7689

the one on that link is a pumpkin spiced one, but they do loads of different flavours, i've got the honeydew melon and strawberry ones and they smell quite nice.
The candle burns for 70 hours, and online they cost £5 so I think that works out good value.
that is good! i like the sound of them!

Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Lol this is actually what I do

Add a bit of warm water too

Also, not only is this _not_ harmful/bad to you, but you can use different oils to set different moods. Lavender encourages hunger and also makes you chilled out for example
oh blimey! i was so excited that i had had an original idea for once! still i think it's great that we come up with such brilliant ideas!!

ok well lavender would be one for me to avoid when my son comes home from uni!!
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2010, 06:53 AM
The Delicious Pancake one did make me laugh
but they sound great.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >