View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Lovely ideas! I have done the furniture polish - by accident when dusting them anyway. I will try the fabric conditioner one too.

What do you do in summer when it's too warm for heating?
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2010, 10:22 PM
I use clothes condition mixed with water like you would use febreeze on the furniture, only not as expensive as I go through tonnes with my lot!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2010, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
I was thinking my house would smell a whole lot fresher if I didn't have a Dandy!
but it wouldn't look anywhere as nice without mr handsome in it!!

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Lovely ideas! I have done the furniture polish - by accident when dusting them anyway. I will try the fabric conditioner one too.

What do you do in summer when it's too warm for heating?
good question!! any ideas anyone??

Originally Posted by random View Post
I use clothes condition mixed with water like you would use febreeze on the furniture, only not as expensive as I go through tonnes with my lot!
now that is a brilliant idea! i'm loving this thread and all these tips!
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2010, 02:37 AM
You lot are weird such good ideas, but we dont have radiators for a majority of houses.
I use incense sticks but they make me sneeze if they are too strong.
I use oil burners, I love the smell of sandalwood
Also strong scented flowers such as gardenia's are nice when picked and put on a table in water.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2010, 06:44 AM
I consider plug-ins to be dangerous....... so I wouldn't have one in the house.

I use Febreeze spray for an "instant" hit of a nice smell, and Yankee candles for that long-lasting pong....... . They are expensive, but I've managed to buy a shed-load recently at half price

lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2010, 07:43 AM
Originally Posted by Emrad View Post
You lot are weird such good ideas, but we dont have radiators for a majority of houses.
I use incense sticks but they make me sneeze if they are too strong.
I use oil burners, I love the smell of sandalwood
Also strong scented flowers such as gardenia's are nice when picked and put on a table in water.
i think it's cos we all have exceptionally stinky hounds!!

incense sticks do the same to me and also there's the fact that you can only use them when you're in the house. i wanted something that would kick in whether i was there or not. like this morning i came down to the overpowering aroma of cat poo! cleaned the tray and then the subtle scent of peaches took over!

fresh flowers have got to be the most wonderful smell ever! trouble is they are so flipping expensive!

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I consider plug-ins to be dangerous....... so I wouldn't have one in the house.

I use Febreeze spray for an "instant" hit of a nice smell, and Yankee candles for that long-lasting pong....... . They are expensive, but I've managed to buy a shed-load recently at half price

why is that vicki? i love yankee candles too and they are horribly expensive so well done you for getting all those so cheap!!
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2010, 09:33 AM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
i think it's cos we all have exceptionally stinky hounds!!

incense sticks do the same to me and also there's the fact that you can only use them when you're in the house. i wanted something that would kick in whether i was there or not. like this morning i came down to the overpowering aroma of cat poo! cleaned the tray and then the subtle scent of peaches took over!

fresh flowers have got to be the most wonderful smell ever! trouble is they are so flipping expensive!

why is that vicki? i love yankee candles too and they are horribly expensive so well done you for getting all those so cheap!!
what are yankee candles
I have flowers in the garden, frangipani's smell lovely and gardenia's are in the front garden.
You can get these sticks you put into a well of perfumed bottle of oil that diffuses as well you can get cheap ones here (I am good at naming things as you can tell )
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-03-2010, 10:39 AM
I was warned by my vet that the plug in airfreshners I used to use could have triggered Embers seizures off, so I stopped using them a few years ago.
I use the fabric softnener soaked in a flannel on my radiators, I also sometimes use incense sticks, and yankee candles when I have them.
I quite often pop zoflora down my sinks as well, and as my house is quite small the smell from the zoflora gets all around the house.
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2010, 10:29 PM
dont feed tripe.......thats my tip.LOL

my 2 stink...tripe farts are no joke!!!!!!!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2010, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by Emrad View Post
what are yankee candles
I have flowers in the garden, frangipani's smell lovely and gardenia's are in the front garden.
You can get these sticks you put into a well of perfumed bottle of oil that diffuses as well you can get cheap ones here (I am good at naming things as you can tell )
they are a particularly lovely smelling candle! i think it's the name of the company but they are gorgeous!

alright rub it in that you have a sunny, hot climate!! actually i don't really have any flowers, most of the plants in my garden are green leafy ones!

i think i have heard of those sticks but i can't remember the name either, must be old age!

Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
I was warned by my vet that the plug in airfreshners I used to use could have triggered Embers seizures off, so I stopped using them a few years ago.
I use the fabric softnener soaked in a flannel on my radiators, I also sometimes use incense sticks, and yankee candles when I have them.
I quite often pop zoflora down my sinks as well, and as my house is quite small the smell from the zoflora gets all around the house.
i love the fabric conditioner idea, i will try that upstairs. that is interesting about the plug ins too, and worrying!

zoflora does seem to be popular! i remember my ex MIL used it years ago but it smelt yucky! they must have improved the fragrance!

Originally Posted by hectorsmum View Post
dont feed tripe.......thats my tip.LOL

my 2 stink...tripe farts are no joke!!!!!!!
you are not kidding! i have accidentally inhaled when lily let one go, i was nearly sick!!!
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >