Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-11-2006, 02:50 PM

Distance Training

Well, I was hoping to receive my new 30' training leash this morning, but with the usual courtesyt of Royal Mail, it seems I may need to wait another day or two...

Undeterred by this, we took our daily stroll to the car park next door for some more walking and distance training. The car park is a perfect spot for us. It's incredibly large, and about four fifths of it are unused on any given day. Right next to it is a train station and a factory, so there are ample distractions, without being too "full on".

We now tend to spend about 45 minutes each day there practising walking without pulling, and more importantly, staying, sitting and laying at a distance.

Today, I took some photos of our session, though the distance was limited by the leash, which is only about ten feet.

In other news, I finally got confirmation last night that Rob Alleyne (of Dog Borstal fame) and I are doing a deal. The deal being that he comes over and helps with our dog-on-dog aggression, and I in turn design and develop his website.

So he's now coming over on November 28. I'm looking forward to it. Not only because I finally get to meet a man who I've exchanged many an email with, but also because I respect him hugely, and I really think he'll be able to give some good solid pointers towards dealing with Blondi's absolute hatred of other dogs.

So now all I need to do is wait for my 30' leash!
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	gsdlb1.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	3027   Click image for larger version

Name:	gsdlb2.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	3028   Click image for larger version

Name:	gsdlb3.jpg
Views:	106