Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2016, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Let's hope your dogs never need veterinary surgery because if they have an operation the vet will crate them. Far better they get accustomed to being crated in a calm way rather than in an emergency.
I'd call that lack of concern for your dogs welfare myself.
In your mind dogs that are accustomed to living in a cage are better off.

LOL

I like Benny Hill and Trouble too
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-05-2016, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by NickyAnn View Post
In your mind dogs that are accustomed to living in a cage are better off.

LOL

I like Benny Hill and Trouble too
Is that what I said?
No it's not, that's you twisting things yet again.
Some people never learn.
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2016, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by waggytail View Post
Crate training is essential, not only is it helpful for training and raising puppies safely but it is important for your dog to be comfortable in a crate so that this is not a problem in the future when they need to be crated at the Vet etc. Like all training products it is how it is used/ abused that is the issue.

My Pups all LOVED their crates, they would often go there to relax when tired or for comfort when feeling poorly.
Crate training is not essential to anything. No matter what a pet shop owner or dog trainer might say, a dog crate is just a box with holes in it, and putting dogs in crates is just a way to ignore and warehouse them until you get around to taking care of them properly.

Crating is a popular “convenience practice” that is often used on adult dogs. It deprives dogs of the opportunity to fulfill some of their most basic needs, such as the freedom to walk around, the opportunity to relieve themselves, and the ability to stretch out and relax. It also prevents them from interacting with their environment and learning how to behave in a human setting.

Crating began as a misguided way for people to housetrain puppies. The theory was that a dog in a small cage will “hold it” rather than eliminating, and dog owners would thus not have to pay close attention to their puppies while they were confined to the crate. It wasn’t long before dog trainers began recommending crating for adult dogs who had any type of behavior problem as a way of stopping the behavior. But this method does not teach dogs good behavior, and it certainly doesn’t take into account their social, physical, and psychological requirements. Dogs are highly social pack animals who abhor isolation and who crave and deserve companionship, praise, and exercise. Forcing dogs to spend extended periods of time confined and isolated simply to accommodate their guardians’ schedules is unacceptable, and it exacerbates behavior problems, leading to even more crating.

But your dogs want to be in a cage, mine do not. Are your dogs better off than mine because they live in a cage?
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2016, 06:12 PM
My neighbours don't have any kids, just dogs.
Were their kids eaten?
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2016, 06:42 PM
How pentobarbital can get into dog food

Because in addition to producing anesthesia, pentobarbital is routinely used to euthanize animals, the most likely way it could get into dog food would be in rendered animal products.

Rendered products come from a process that converts animal tissues to feed ingredients. Pentobarbital seems to be able to survive the rendering process. If animals are euthanized with pentobarbital and subsequently rendered, pentobarbital could be present in the rendered feed ingredients.
http://www.fda.gov/AboutFDA/CentersO.../ucm129131.htm

So please do not buy cheap dog food, and make sure that the food does not contain meat by products or meat concentrate, because that might well be meat from euthanized animals.
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2016, 09:03 PM
It won't, she posted a link yesterday to the Ukc forum and if you look you'll find it's a American site, based in Kalamazoo.
So what that has to do with the UK who knows?
Seriously Trouble, how much intelligence does it take to type "UKC" into a search engine and know what UKC means?

Answer, well I can not really say that I know, but it seems to be more than some people possess.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-05-2016, 09:05 PM
You're not worthy of a reply
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2016, 09:17 PM
Do you have cable internet in your cave? http://www.ukcdogs.com/Web.nsf/WebPages/Home
Seriously Trouble, how much intelligence does it take
Hey Troll what's with the intelligence insults to these people. You are the unintelligent, ignorant, bad mouthing Troll in this forum.

TROLL TROLL TROLL TROLL TROLL TROLL TROLL
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2016, 09:19 PM
Thank you for your concern NickyAnn (TROLL) but we members on the forum already know not to buy cheap dog food for our pets.
Page 17 of 57 « First < 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 > Last »