View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2009, 10:20 PM
If I were to choose my favourite dog - I think it would have to be King Charles Cavalier based on the cuteness factor.

There are many breeds I like & a few not so keen on such as GSD's, Bull Terriers, Rotty's etc...... I'm basically just scared of them. Next door has 2 lovely massive GSD's - friendly & daft as brushes - but I'm just scared of the size. I guess it's a personal issue (I'm also scared of horses)
So many people seem to get these kind of dogs as a "makes them look hard" trophy & train them to be agressive. I guess so many realise they can't handle them then & that's why there's so many of those breeds at the shelters I've been too.
When we decided to get a dog (it's been years waiting) We immediatley decided we wanted a pup (so I wouldn't be scared!)& it would be a rescue. We kept checking at RSPCA until Tilly came along from a litter of 6. She was the only long haired one & I fell in love with her - can'timagine being scared of her! She's labxcollie
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2009, 10:28 AM
Hi I have a retired greyhound called Kym. I love all the hound breeds i just think they look so elegant and regal. If I see a wolf hound or broken coated lurcher they always remind me of medieval times and the old story told to me by my parents of Gelert, Prince Llewellyns dog in Wales (Bedgelert)
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2009, 09:24 PM
when i was younger my parents got a dog from the sspca. he was a surprise when we got home from school, they picked him and he was a BCxLab. he was the most amazing dog, so gentle and friendly, and extremely eager to please. i decided then i always wanted a rescue crossbreed... or a least always a rescue.

so when i decided to get another dog, it was back off to the sspca. they had just got a litter of pups in and coz my nieces (2 and 4) and nephew (5), are round a lot, almost everyday and stay over at least once a week, if not more, they suggested a pup would be best for us. so thats how i got my jake. my rescue crossbreed who is BCxGSD
SumsX
New Member!
Female 

08-10-2009, 01:33 PM
I have a Shih-Tzu and i chose this breed for their nature and size.
bingowings
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-10-2009, 11:04 PM
Cane Corso because they're incredibly loyal, intelligent and protective. They are also the most loving breed I have ever had/seen. Well bred Corsos have amazing temperaments and drive. They can be used for a wide variety of jobs such as herding, guarding, tracking/hunting, police work etc.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2009, 01:58 PM
Well I've got 5 dogs! A welsh collie, a lab/collie cross, 2 lurchers and a greyhound. We rescued the collie from a farm where she'd been mistreated. She had 6 pups one of which we kept. Then we rescued 2 lurchers and then 3 days ago we rescued a greyhound!! I love them all !!
Annajayne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-12-2009, 03:10 PM
I just love labradors. All soft and silly and got to carry something in their mouths, lovely. If I was to rescue I wouldn't be bothered what it looked like, breed etc. I wouldn't mind getting a rescue, just have to work more on the family.
LittleMiss1690
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-12-2009, 03:35 PM
My favourite breed of dog has always been a dalmatian. when i was a little nipper i loved the cartoon film, the film version. i had bed covers, teddies, clothes .. everything. always said i would get one.... however ...

Yesterday i have a conversation with one of my dearest friends who has just had a change in circumstance with regards to her marriage so has had to give up her pup. ive always loved rotteweilers also but obviously never got round to getting one. I live in a house with my housemate and i have 3 beautiful cats (1 i got from my friend funny enough). Ive compressed my hours at work (work 3 12hr shifts rather than 5 days a week) so i thought it would be a great time to get a dog, wouldnt be on its own etc etc. So when i had this coversation with my friend i thought well maybe she would have to give him up, i could walk him on my days off etc. so i took him out yesterday for a walk.

I have never in all my days (im 24 on the 14th .. lol) ever met a friendly dog! he was so happy to have company. he let me walk him .. he stayed at my house last night, no crying or anything (cats arent extremely impressed) he doesnt chase the cats .. he tries to jump on people but thats because he wants them to stroke him so you can imagine what people think when they see a 6 month old energetic rotty bouncing over.

He's a little underweight, very friendly with people (my housemate being the number one proof of that .. was so scared of Rottys etc .. when she walked into the house yesterday she fell in love!!!) so after a further phone call to my friend i am now a proud owner of a rotteweiler pup!

Ive not given up my hope of owning a dalmatian some day though .. one day at a time.
Nixy69
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-12-2009, 09:12 PM
We have 3 Greyhounds, 2 ex racers and one show bred.

Always wanted a Greyhound and when our last Collie died we got our first ex racer Mayzie a black beauty who wasnt suited to racing and so came to us at 16 months. She was soon followed by the worst abuse case our kennels have had Mimi another black beauty. Mayzie got us into showing and Mimi carried it on until we got out puppy Duke who is now 9 months.

They all live with 2 cats and share the happiest of lives.
annspot80
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-12-2009, 04:45 PM
When i was growing up, my parents had a lab x. She was fairly friendly, loved going for walks, and it broke my heart when she was put to sleep
Now i have a 11 wk dalmatian, and he has made me so happy.
I have wanted one of these for a 7 years, but circumstances weren't right, but now i got one, it was worth the wait.
I know they are prone to certain problems, but this hasn't put me off. The love, cheeky grins, loyalty and clowning around just make me laugh so much. I have not had alot of good luck over the past 3 years, and to see him now when i wake up, he just makes my day - my luck has changed finally !
( the only downer is his fluffing - god he stinks )
Page 17 of 24 « First < 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 > Last »