Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2006, 10:12 PM

my washing machine has packed in

put the last load of washing on tonight unifrorm and towels and ive been waiting for it to finish washing so i can put it in the dryer and ive just gone down to empty the machine and its still full of water ive turned the dial to empty but nothing its just clicking aint got a clue on how im going to empty it to get the washing out im totally fed up now and ive been having a real good night and now im totally fed up
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2006, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by bluemerle lover
put the last load of washing on tonight unifrorm and towels and ive been waiting for it to finish washing so i can put it in the dryer and ive just gone down to empty the machine and its still full of water ive turned the dial to empty but nothing its just clicking aint got a clue on how im going to empty it to get the washing out im totally fed up now and ive been having a real good night and now im totally fed up

Awww Jen - is there anyway you can turn it to a setting where the water pumps out, say a spin programme or something ?
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2006, 10:14 PM
you'll need to empty it manually - not a nice job though!

There should be an outlet at the front of the machine near the bottom (probably hidden behind a panel).

Good luck!

PS - you'll need plenty of towels to mop it up
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2006, 10:17 PM
ive tried that foxy and nothing is happening the washing just keeps washing and it wont empty if i prize the door open im going to get flooded but i have to get it empted someway ive switched it of for now perhaps it over heated will switch it back on in a mo and see what happens
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2006, 10:19 PM
ive tried that foxy and nothing is happening the washing just keeps washing and it wont empty if i prize the door open im going to get flooded but i have to get it empted someway ive switched it of for now perhaps it over heated will switch it back on in a mo and see what happens

Ooh sounds like you need to get somebody out to it then - there is nothing worse than your washer breaking is there
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2006, 10:22 PM
i know of all things to pack in it had to be my washing machine still i needed a new one guess i will be out to tomorrow to get one got to have me machine will phone a plumber tomorrow to come and empty it if i cant do it
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2006, 10:23 PM
i know of all things to pack in it had to be my washing machine still i needed a new one guess i will be out to tomorrow to get one got to have me machine will phone a plumber tomorrow to come and empty it if i cant do it

Make sure that the one you want is in stock before you buy it cos you can be waiting weeks for one if you don't. Currys usually have a label on their washers that they have in stock.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2006, 10:25 PM
ooh i didnt think of that will have a good look tomorrow hope they got one in stock if not i will be taking me washing to me mams
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2006, 11:38 PM
look for a little 'door' on the machine, mine has one on the front but alot of makes like hotpoint don't and you have to pull them out to get to the back. Anyway this is where you drain the water out of and into a bucket or something. I made sure after my old one broke with all the washing still in that I got a new one where the filter thing was easy to get to. (don't suppose you have it's manual anywhere still?) I know it's a real pain when your machine breaks down though.
Catmelodian
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-05-2006, 11:52 PM
As Mychievous says; if it's a Hotpoint there's a plastic hose at the back, leading from the bottom of the machine to the top. If you lift the top part of this hose out of the drain pipework and lower it into a bucket or whatever then it'll drain under gravity. Had this problem a few times on the old machine.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >