View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2011, 08:29 PM

Virgin broadband....anyone else having trouble?

I have never had any trouble with my Virgin broadband, but a short while ago they sent me an email to say that this area would be the subject of some updating work on 22nd November.

I then had an email on the night of 22nd to say that the work was all done and it was tickety boo.

Since then, grrrrrrrrrr, I have had trouble connecting, grrrrrrrr, and then once connected keep being dropped, grrrrrrrrrr. I managed to get on the help chat on the Virgin media webpage, and the chap there told me to check my modem and the ADSL connections etc. I explained that it was a bit coincidental that it only started happening after the work was done, and he just said he couldn't explain that and signed off

Is anyone else having trouble?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2011, 09:11 PM
Always...... they are a pain in the proverbial.

If it wasn't for having to change my email address, I would drop them in a heartbeat......
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Can't say as I have had any real problems. I did have connection problems ages ago but techie support told me to ditch the Blueyonder(as it was then) security and all was well.
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-11-2011, 09:22 PM
urgh virgin! First they didnt send us the right wireless router (Oh had a choice of which one he wanted). Contacted them and they said they would send the right one. Few weeks later, nothing. Got on the phone again, same thing, week later still nothing! In the end OH got so fed up he told them that he was going to order the router he wanted fro amazon and they can credit his account for the cost.

He threatened them with a breach of contract so they agreed So basically he sorted it himself.

Also we do have the trouble of the internet signal dropping out occasionally, OH is an IT technician so knows what hes doing. He does computers all day long in a school but they always insist it must of been something we have done It always seems to fix itself after we call them though...coincidence?
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2011, 09:25 PM
We had a similar problem last month, took a few days afterwards for it to sort itself out but it's ok now
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2011, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Always...... they are a pain in the proverbial.

If it wasn't for having to change my email address, I would drop them in a heartbeat......
I was really pleased with them until now, and I am spitting washers to be honest at their attitude Looking at some of the comments on their site it seems that there are many disgruntled customers.
Originally Posted by cava14una View Post
Can't say as I have had any real problems. I did have connection problems ages ago but techie support told me to ditch the Blueyonder(as it was then) security and all was well.
I just feel that this is too much of a coincidence for it to be anything other than Virgin's meddling.

Originally Posted by dog_geek View Post
urgh virgin! First they didnt send us the right wireless router (Oh had a choice of which one he wanted). Contacted them and they said they would send the right one. Few weeks later, nothing. Got on the phone again, same thing, week later still nothing! In the end OH got so fed up he told them that he was going to order the router he wanted fro amazon and they can credit his account for the cost.

He threatened them with a breach of contract so they agreed So basically he sorted it himself.

Also we do have the trouble of the internet signal dropping out occasionally, OH is an IT technician so knows what hes doing. He does computers all day long in a school but they always insist it must of been something we have done It always seems to fix itself after we call them though...coincidence?
Well, I will just have to hope that my problems fix themselves too!!! If I have too much more trouble with them I will switch to BT cos their prices have come down and they seem to have a good reputation

Originally Posted by Baileys Blind View Post
We had a similar problem last month, took a few days afterwards for it to sort itself out but it's ok now
That has given me hope, thank you Perhaps the same thing will happen here. Soooooo maddening when trying to order things online, and suddenly the connection has gone.
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-11-2011, 10:12 PM
We wanted to go with BT but the exchange our connection goes through doesnt include BT. Summat like that, wasnt listening to OH My dad is with BT, hes had a few problems with his BT box but not internet connection.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2011, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by dog_geek View Post
We wanted to go with BT but the exchange our connection goes through doesnt include BT. Summat like that, wasnt listening to OH My dad is with BT, hes had a few problems with his BT box but not internet connection.
I suppose that no provider is totally without problems, but in spite of the friendly facade of Virgin, when it comes down to dealing with problems they are very offhand and abrupt. Naughty Richard has not chosen/trained the broadband staff very well!!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2011, 11:19 PM
No problems at all. Excellent service when needed, (TV not broadband) internet always been fine, talking 2yrs now.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2011, 08:41 AM
A Little Tip
Virgin have 2 call centres for tech help in Asia and one in the UK.
If you don`t like the response you are getting from the guy in Karachi, put the phone down and dial again. Calls go in rotation.
A very nice young man told me this and it seems to work.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >