View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2009, 08:01 AM

Argh, why don't people use dog tags and chip!

So, this morning we're out for our morning walk with Woody and we see a gorgeous collie run past us in the park. I looked about for the owner but saw no one and the dog was long gone.

Left it at that and carried on with our walk.

On the way home we saw the dog again, running along the pavement towards us. He wanted to have a sniff of Woody so we let him and then he looked scared and put his tail between his legs. I told Neil to go inside with Woody and to get a spare lead.

I had a look at this gorgeous little chap and noticed he had a collar, but no tag. Neil came back with the lead and went near to say hi but the dog was petrified of him. I assumed that he was prob a rescue so told Neil to leave me to it.

I stood on the street with this dog, calling the vets, the warden etc and about 20 minutes later this chap came round the corner, broke into a relieved grin and little woofers tail went mad!

Apparently he has escaped from his truck as he's doing some work nearby.

So I gave him a HUGE lecture on the importance of a tag with the correct details as well as micro chipping him which he said he just hadn't got round to doing yet as has only recently rescued him!! Was not happy and do hope I got through to him.

Trouble was, he was absolutely Brad Pitt worthy GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! ;o)

So lovely to see the woofers face when he saw his owner though. Must have been hard for him to have lost him being a rescue.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2009, 08:08 AM
well done pidge
thing is being a rescue part of the terms and conditions of rescue is to have a tag on at all times...well it is with ours anyway.

hopefully he will have sorted it !!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2009, 08:09 AM
Thank goodness they were re-united!
Imagine life - it couldn't be more perfect than having a collie & a Brad Pitt lookalike (in that order )
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2009, 08:11 AM
I'm glad they were reunited
Some people have no sense. Fancy leaving a dog in a van that he could escape from anyway
We found a beautiful Retriever roaming the streets near us recently. No collar or tag. The dog warden came and collected him, he wasn't chipped either.
If he had had a tag with a phone number I could have called his owner and it would have saved them the recovery fee from the council kennels.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2009, 08:13 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I'm glad they were reunited
Some people have no sense. Fancy leaving a dog in a van that he could escape from anyway
We found a beautiful Retriever roaming the streets near us recently. No collar or tag. The dog warden came and collected him, he wasn't chipped either.
If he had had a tag with a phone number I could have called his owner and it would have saved them the recovery fee from the council kennels.
It's not just that Granny Nips, some warden have a 7 day waiting period only and then they pts!!!!!!!!!

I told him this and think I really put the ****s up him!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2009, 08:19 AM
Good for you (Brad Pitt or not )
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2009, 08:24 AM
Well Done for helping this little chap find his owner again

I hope he takes your advice and gets the dog a tag x
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2009, 08:27 AM
That's why all of mine are tagged, tattooed & chipped. Collars can be removed, chips move(as in Rjj's case & it's now difficult to scan unless you know where it is currently in his left pit-as in a human armpit-I'll have to get my vets to change his Pet Passport again )but his tattoo is very visible.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2009, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
That's why all of mine are tagged, tattooed & chipped. Collars can be removed, chips move(as in Rjj's case & it's now difficult to scan unless you know where it is currently in his left pit-as in a human armpit-I'll have to get my vets to change his Pet Passport again )but his tattoo is very visible.
Here too hun, tags can get lost fall off etc., same as collar can be removed, I think I'd ask first and if that had of happened be tactful. Round here you'd spent a day ''full time job'' telling people.

Nice to see a owner looking for him, round here they don't bother
lakeland_lass
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-08-2009, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
well done pidge
thing is being a rescue part of the terms and conditions of rescue is to have a tag on at all times...well it is with ours anyway.

hopefully he will have sorted it !!
Never mind the rescues T&C'c it's the law to have a tag on every single dog.

Glad he was reunited with the yummy owner tho!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >