Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2007, 07:41 PM

Feeling Guilty. (just a moan!)

Myself and the kids have had stomach bugs on and off this last week. Poor Willow and Archie are suffering. They have had a few offlead runs on the better days, but mainly short onlead walks.

Yesterday was just a 10min onlead walk and today was mothing at all. I fell horrible for not taking them out. Willow seems to know I'm ill and hasn't left my side today, even when Archie has been downstairs playing with the kids or out running round the back garden, bless her.

I just can't wait to be well again and get the two of them out and about!!!! Running is what these two live for.
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2007, 08:29 PM
Doesnt matter how ill I am I always make sure Minnie has a good run about- even if its indoors up and down the hall.Also I have a big garden so shes quite happy to chase a toy for hours there. All I have to do is sit in one position and throw her ball or toy- really doesnt take a lot of effort on my part to keep her active and entertained.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2007, 08:39 PM
I usually do the same. They get out to run around the garden and do some games and training inside. But today I felt just awful, I couldn't even toalk or sit up in bed with out throwing up (sorry TMI!). To be honest if I know the Drs would have me in hospital now hooked up to a drip if they seen me, but that's a road I dont'want to go down. I know I can get this sorted in the next few days; but it just breaks my heart to know the dogs aren't getting out as much as usual.
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2007, 08:44 PM
Hi Evie- I really wouldnt worry too much about your dogs- Ive found that Minnie adapts to my activity levels- in fact I think shes often quite happy to laze about if Im not feeling that great Thats the nice thing about dogs- no expectations
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2007, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by Evie View Post
I usually do the same. They get out to run around the garden and do some games and training inside. But today I felt just awful, I couldn't even toalk or sit up in bed with out throwing up (sorry TMI!). To be honest if I know the Drs would have me in hospital now hooked up to a drip if they seen me, but that's a road I dont'want to go down. I know I can get this sorted in the next few days; but it just breaks my heart to know the dogs aren't getting out as much as usual.
Don't beat yourself up about this Evie, you are obviously very unwell, it surprising how qucikly dogs adapt to changes. A few day of not going our for walks will not harm them, they are warm, safe and fed with you so I'm certain they are 100% happy. You need to take care of yourself and try to get better.

Hope you feel better soon
xx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2007, 07:36 AM
I can understand how you feel guilty, but it won't do them any harm for a few days and you need to get yourself better.
Hope you're on the mend.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2007, 07:40 AM
I`m sure they will be fine for a few days.

If they are like Fudge they are quick to adapt and will pick up on the changes in you. When I was ill afew weeks ago I slept on the setee for an afternoon. When I awoke I was covered in apile of toys that she had brought me. Was she being optimistic or giving me presents to make me feel better? I know she never woke me anyway and was curled up asleep on mt feet.

They seem to know when there is a change. Get yourself better and then you will all be able to have a good walk.
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2007, 09:31 AM
I wouldnt worry, it is true, well I have found that they do really adapt to how you are feeling! I was off work last week with flu, and on the Friday I really struggled to move out of bed let alone walk them! Willow is fine as she is not too bothered about walking (I think she is a lazy terrier!) But Flower being a collie normally loves her runs...and is very energetic!

They can last a couple of days without a long walk, I did get my dog walker in though on one of the days, is there anyone near where you live that will walk them for you? I know it would probably be hard to find anyone you would trust in such a short space , but could be an idea for the future... Hope you feel better soon xxxxx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2007, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I can understand how you feel guilty, but it won't do them any harm for a few days and you need to get yourself better.
Hope you're on the mend.
Hope yr better soon, (hugs) I once had gastric once and mine adapted well, as hubby could only take them out once (does shift work)instead of thier usual 3 ( need 3 they are BC's)> However Reah soon got into One walk.......Lazy sod, But she can sleep for England
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2007, 09:59 AM
Hope you feel better soon and i know what you mean about feeling guilty but its only temporary not like you relegating them to a life of no walks.
Hopefully you will soon be back to normal and they will forget they even missed a walk
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >