Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alfmar
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-04-2011, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post

If it were me I would want them to stay together too, they must be wondering where their owner is, to then seperate them would be cruel...but that's just my opinion.

I hope the right home does materialise for them, they look adorable
they have been here since august last year........... so they just think they live here with us and we are their family right now

thankyou for your encouraging message

dawn x
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Aww hope they find their forever home asap, I would have them in a flash if I had room!!

I also agree with scorpio, I think they should stay together as well, poor babies x
rachluvslabs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-04-2011, 10:12 PM
Am I too far away? I live in East Cornwall and sadly lost my black lab the sun before xmas. I had her from 8 wks to 13 years and she was an absolute gem. Brilliant with my children of 5 and 2. Just a joy to have! We all miss her terribly and feel now is the time for the house to contain black labs once more! Can i help? Am i too far away? Visit most welcome! I'd expect nothing less if i had to re-home a lab myself!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 10:21 PM
If its a goer Tassle or I could home check for you----we are in Cornwall.

rune
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 10:37 PM
Oh fingers crossed here that this is a happy turn out
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Oh fingers crossed here that this is a happy turn out
me too sounds promising huh?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 10:48 PM
It sure does - shall keep an eye for updates!
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-04-2011, 05:54 AM
i rehomed for a rescue for 15 yrs.
its pretty damn hard to home pairs, so id be flexible on the location front if i were you,
ie, give the potential arrangments for cornwall a chance.

lots of people handed over dogs to us stating we had to home them together,
we made it clear we would assess this need ourselves, as more often than not, its just a human emotional need and perception, and the dogs coped when separated into different kennels etc.

if you remain strict on BOTH your criteria on the basis you can take as long as you like etc, then this does beg the question why not keep them?

aside from the money, the pet passport arrangements and climate change is not such a big deal.
naturally one can understand if their are other reasons the chap cant take the dogs to australia.

in the meantime i would advise that yourself and any future home would start a programme of the dogs learning a bit of independance from each other, at the moment no one is doing them any favours.
ie, what happens when one dies?

their is also a large UK forum which is based all around rescue and rehoming.
called d ogpages
alfmar
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-04-2011, 07:25 AM
Originally Posted by rachluvslabs View Post
Am I too far away? I live in East Cornwall and sadly lost my black lab the sun before xmas. I had her from 8 wks to 13 years and she was an absolute gem. Brilliant with my children of 5 and 2. Just a joy to have! We all miss her terribly and feel now is the time for the house to contain black labs once more! Can i help? Am i too far away? Visit most welcome! I'd expect nothing less if i had to re-home a lab myself!

hi rachel

unfortunately.........yes you are too far away.... good luck with your search
alfmar
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-04-2011, 07:26 AM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
i rehomed for a rescue for 15 yrs.
its pretty damn hard to home pairs, so id be flexible on the location front if i were you,
ie, give the potential arrangments for cornwall a chance.

lots of people handed over dogs to us stating we had to home them together,
we made it clear we would assess this need ourselves, as more often than not, its just a human emotional need and perception, and the dogs coped when separated into different kennels etc.

if you remain strict on BOTH your criteria on the basis you can take as long as you like etc, then this does beg the question why not keep them?

aside from the money, the pet passport arrangements and climate change is not such a big deal.
naturally one can understand if their are other reasons the chap cant take the dogs to australia.

in the meantime i would advise that yourself and any future home would start a programme of the dogs learning a bit of independance from each other, at the moment no one is doing them any favours.
ie, what happens when one dies?

their is also a large UK forum which is based all around rescue and rehoming.
called d ogpages
thankyou
they are on dgpags already
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >